Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone had experience with using the Alain Girault brand pet dryer (French company)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone had experience with using the Alain Girault brand pet dryer (French company)

So this year I went to the Pasadena grooming expo and purchased a new dryer from a company that had a booth there. Alain Girault is the company and I was told they are a very popular French company that recently started selling here in the u.s. The dryer they had for sale at the expo came along with a bottom box that is also used along with the dryer as a vacuum.
    The dryer is the BTS 2400 dryer blaster AND the whole unit together they call the Pro Grooming Kit
    I tried doing a search here but there were no results for any other posts on this company or their dryers.
    Reason I'm asking is the pay month I've owned this dryer I've had nothing but trouble with it. First time I was at a clients home grooming there 100lb German shepherd and the dryer just suddenly stopped working. I checked the cord to make sure it was plugged in(this dryer has a cord that you plug it in at the unit as well as the outlet). There was no problem there. I checked to see if I blew the circuit for the house, but there were no issues there either. I checked the filter, still didnt work. I let it sit for about a half hour and tried to turn it on one last time and it finally turned back on. It worked for another couple minutes then did the same thing again. I called the company and they came out same day to check the dryer out. Dryer would not duplicate the problem I had with it earlier in the day. However they agreed to exchanging the dryer with a new one.
    Told me to use it as much as possible in the next week to see if there's any issues with the new one. We today I'm at my home grooming another shepherd and this time it blows the house circuit. Never had a problem in the past with this outlet blowing the house circuit.
    I've had other dryers plugged in same outlet in the past with absolutely no issues at all.
    So now I'm wandering is it the dryer or something else. Hoping someone else here has had experience with this company. The whole unit cost about $500 on sale, and I can still refund til the end of the week.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. This has been very frustrating.
    Also, if I do choose to refund it, anyone have any suggestions on a good dryer in the same price range. I get allot of large double coated breeds so need something powerful that will work . Also I am a in home pet groomer, going to people's houses to groom their pet as well as groom them at my home . I plan to get a grooming truck in the future once I've saved the funds to purchase one.

Wish I could help but have never heard of the company. If I were you, I would return the dryer and get my money back though.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Any suggestions?

Do you have any suggestions as to a different dryer that would work good in my situation. Pref. In the same price range?
      I wish I could remember the brand of dryer my old boss had at the mobile grooming company I use to work at. It was a grey box with a hose and one single knob you turn to turn it on and increase the power. I'm sure that doesn't help much as far as identifying the type/brand, I just remember that dryer working so well on the bigger double coated breeds .

Comment

Well, I am not HC, I am HB but my dryer of preference is a dual motor variable speed Double K dryer.

Comment

You might check out the Dog Shammy dryers. Small, lightweight, quiet, have smooth coat technology.
          Best wishes on whatever dryer you choose.

Comment

Sounds like Romani grand daddy or junior for description. Which I own. Best big dog dryer ever and lowest maintenance ever. I looked at that company. The products seem all made in China ( which can sometimes mean that they are not consistent in quality/ parts etc). Lot of neat concepts but might need bugs ironed out still.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Or could it be a Shammy?

Comment

I looked up both models of the Romani dryers. The one I was talking about isn't either one of them. The one I was talking about is more square in shape and the hose comes out from the front of the unit with a knob above it that you turn to turn it on and keep turning it to increase the power.i will look to see if I have a picture from back when I worked there.
                Maybe hopefully someone will be able to identify it with a pic.
                Also I think I've decided to return this dryer. Yah I agree it's a nice ide, but just doesn't work right. Too many problems.

Comment

Originally posted by kim818 View Post
                  I looked up both models of the Romani dryers. The one I was talking about isn't either one of them. The one I was talking about is more square in shape and the hose comes out from the front of the unit with a knob above it that you turn to turn it on and keep turning it to increase the power.i will look to see if I have a picture from back when I worked there.
                  Maybe hopefully someone will be able to identify it with a pic.
                  Also I think I've decided to return this dryer. Yah I agree it's a nice ide, but just doesn't work right. Too many problems.
                  Maybe Chris Christensen?

Comment

Originally posted by ItzaClip! View Post
                    Maybe Chris Christensen?

I checked these out and they look like the could be what OP is talking about....are some good prices out there on the Chris Christensen dryers and they are small and light weight, which I think would be something I would look for (along with power of course) if I was a HC groomer.

Comment

Originally posted by kim818 View Post
                      So this year I went to the Pasadena grooming expo and purchased a new dryer from a company that had a booth there. Alain Girault is the company and I was told they are a very popular French company that recently started selling here in the u.s. The dryer they had for sale at the expo came along with a bottom box that is also used along with the dryer as a vacuum.
                      The dryer is the BTS 2400 dryer blaster AND the whole unit together they call the Pro Grooming Kit
                      I tried doing a search here but there were no results for any other posts on this company or their dryers.
                      Reason I'm asking is the pay month I've owned this dryer I've had nothing but trouble with it. First time I was at a clients home grooming there 100lb German shepherd and the dryer just suddenly stopped working. I checked the cord to make sure it was plugged in(this dryer has a cord that you plug it in at the unit as well as the outlet). There was no problem there. I checked to see if I blew the circuit for the house, but there were no issues there either. I checked the filter, still didnt work. I let it sit for about a half hour and tried to turn it on one last time and it finally turned back on. It worked for another couple minutes then did the same thing again. I called the company and they came out same day to check the dryer out. Dryer would not duplicate the problem I had with it earlier in the day. However they agreed to exchanging the dryer with a new one.
                      Told me to use it as much as possible in the next week to see if there's any issues with the new one. We today I'm at my home grooming another shepherd and this time it blows the house circuit. Never had a problem in the past with this outlet blowing the house circuit.
                      I've had other dryers plugged in same outlet in the past with absolutely no issues at all.
                      So now I'm wandering is it the dryer or something else. Hoping someone else here has had experience with this company. The whole unit cost about $500 on sale, and I can still refund til the end of the week.
                      Any help would be greatly appreciated. This has been very frustrating.
                      Also, if I do choose to refund it, anyone have any suggestions on a good dryer in the same price range. I get allot of large double coated breeds so need something powerful that will work . Also I am a in home pet groomer, going to people's houses to groom their pet as well as groom them at my home . I plan to get a grooming truck in the future once I've saved the funds to purchase one.
                      I hear they are just breaking into the market here and will be at some shows this year.

Comment

Here's a pic of the dryer I was trying to identify

I know it's not the best pic but they were the only ones I could find . If you look on the left side of the photo you can see the dryer I'm trying to find it the brand cause it was a great dryer.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X