Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $7,000 of Supplies Stolen from Groomers

http://ktvl.com/news/local/groomers-...tolen-supplies

Jackson County, Ore. - Since January, two separate pet groomers have been broken into and their supplies stolen. In her 25 years of grooming, Michelle Easley has never had $3000 of her grooming supplies stolen.

When asked how long it would take to replace all her equipment stolen on Sunday night/Monday morning, Easley responded: "I've been doing this for 25 years," Easley said. "They took everything I had, so, 25 years."

Easley collected supplies throughout her time as a groomer. Now, to get it all back, she has to buy it herself and then the insurance company will reimburse her. "How can I re-buy my equipment if I'm not working?" Easley asked rhetorically.

The burglars stole all of her shears, clippers, blades, and force dryer. Easley just bought Celebrity Pets in February and plans to rename it Diamonds in the Ruff Splash & Dash.
    Because she just bought the location, she does not have consistent clientele. She's grateful she does not have a full load of customers to turn away every day until she gets enough supplies to groom so many pets.

In the meantime, Easley has had some help. "Groomer friends have fortunately come together and helped me out with some old tools they have laying around and whatnot," Easley said. "My co-owner ... bought me a pair of clippers yesterday." The clippers she would have used reminded Easley of her original set of clippers she used 25 years ago - which she still has. One of her groomer friends who lent Easley supplies is Pamela Keever, who lost $4000 worth of equipment after her shop - Dog's Life Pet Spa - got burglarized in January.

"I was devastated," Keever said. "I walked in, I was angry, I was sad and then I felt huge empathy for that person."

Keever felt empathy because she is three years clean from meth addiction and she believes whoever stole from her uses meth. With, what she calls, her "colorful past," she does not want to forget the burglary.

"Gloved fingerprints, they're on my window," Keever said. "It's a reminder of where I've been, what I've done and what can always happen to me."

Since the burglary, Keever installed an alarm system to prevent future break-ins. She jokes the fingerprints remind her to set the alarm each night before she leaves. Jackson County Sheriff's Office says they have almost no leads on the Celebrity Pets burglary because it is so new. They have some leads on the Dog's Life Pet Spa after some investigation. Both cases are still open.

Easley has set up a fundraising bank account at Banner Bank for donations. If you would like to donate, you can do so at any Banner Bank with the bank account named "Diamond Dogs Fundraiser" with the account number 55101007162. Keever says she will start a gofundme in the next coming days.
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

The groomers emergency assistant fund needs to be in touch with these two groomers. I don't know that they even know that fund exists! If anybody here knows them please notify them that the groomers emergency assistance fund can help them. That's what it's there for. And for Pete's sake people put in an alarm system! I will say this much I've been broken into three times in my current location and they've never touched my equipment. So that really makes me wonder what's going on in that town especially considering one of the girls just bought her salon. Something's not right because that equipment is not worth anything at a pawn shop. And meth addicts aren't going to break into a Grooming Salon they're going to pick somewhere that they can sell the stuff fast.
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Exactly parti! I'm more nervous about showing other groomers my set up and equipment than any local thief! Like they are going to lug two electric tables out on their backs! Even scissors look like same value to average person. They have no idea some are$1000 each. But try to sell use stuff to a groomer! They are like " pics of blade? What's wrong with it? Why selling? Will you take $$ instead??" Haha
      Poor girls though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Scares me too. I don't know how to fly with my best shears if say in a competition. I think you have to buy extra coverage?

Comment

Originally posted by TootsiePie View Post
          Scares me too. I don't know how to fly with my best shears if say in a competition. I think you have to buy extra coverage?
          I just put them in my checked baggage and go. I had a bag misdirected once. Took two days to get it back....so after that I would say ship them to the show UPS or FedEx instead... I havent had to fly with them since then
          <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Do you buy the extra UPS or Fed X insurance parti?

Comment

Working...
            X