Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummer day yesterday...but...

Today something great happened!

I'll start with yesterday, I forgot my lunch! Now, that doesn't seem like a big deal but I spent hours meal prepping and had a delicious ahi tuna steak, basmati rice and rainbow chard all packed up and ready to go. So I had to order in at work which is problematic for me because I'm dieting (Vacation with my partner end of April, we're going to Vegas!). I ordered tofu primavera with grilled veggies and it came swimming in oil! Gross!

Yesterday was one of those days where I was in super speed mode and worked my tailfeather off so feeling like I should end the night right and reward my hard work I think I'll grab a bottle of vodka for a post work cocktail. So I stop, get some and right as I'm throwing my bike over my shoulder to go inside my house (I bike most everywhere I can, Minneapolis is very bike friendly) the bottle falls out of my bag and SHATTERS...

My dogs now know I'm home and are excited to see me, go potty and eat. I'm not going to go back, they need to be taken care of. So, no cocktails for this groomer but life goes on.

My roommate offers to have a bottle of wine delivered from a wine and cheese shop that does, I only made ten dollars in tips which is fine and I used that to buy my cocktail that crashed so I'm very thankful. Except, they now decide that they don't deliver anymore. Bummer, again but that is life.

Fast forward to today- In our meeting we have every Thursday, my boss hands us all Visa gift cards from tips the daycare portion of my work has accumulated over some years. We all got 100 dollars! Which is great because all my bills just went through today!! Wahoooo!!

Just wanted to share because sometimes Karma is nice.

Lol, life can be trying at times! The last of your post made me smile...it is so true, good Karma can come around to those who do right(and can be a bi#% to those that don't do right, lol) I say go buy another bottle of vodka!!!!
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

No matter what happens I take it and say I am not going to let myself get down. There must be a reason but it is going to get better and tomorrow will be. And it usually is. Like the line in South Pacific something like I just don't have the energy to get down. The same energy it takes getting down I use to say, stop and know it is going to get better. That VISA card made me smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
        Lol, life can be trying at times! The last of your post made me smile...it is so true, good Karma can come around to those who do right(and can be a bi#% to those that don't do right, lol) I say go buy another bottle of vodka!!!!
        Haha thank you! I am actually headed out to get that vodka and some ice cream. Just got done fully carding an Akita...phew!

Comment

Originally posted by 1mobilegroomer View Post
          No matter what happens I take it and say I am not going to let myself get down. There must be a reason but it is going to get better and tomorrow will be. And it usually is. Like the line in South Pacific something like I just don't have the energy to get down. The same energy it takes getting down I use to say, stop and know it is going to get better. That VISA card made me smile.
          Well said! I'm indulging tonight and not doing any housework! Yahoo!!

Comment

Working...
          X