Fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fired

My first customer in 4 years. Lady has had preset biweekly apts for well over 1.5 years. 2017, 2 same day cancellations and 1 confirmed apt but no show. She brought 2 of 3 dogs. I am not even counting the last year. Referred her to Petco. She works right next door. Said they may have more flexibility in scheduling and can be more accommodating to last minute cancellations. I KNOW they can't and won't. But good riddance to bad rubbish.

All that since first of 2017? Don't blame you one bit, would have done the same myself.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

A load off your mind that you don't have to worry about

Comment

Bye, Felicia!

Comment

It's hard to fire the first one, but your stress levels will thank you for it. Since she works nearby you may have occasion to bump into her. I've diffused the awkwardness of these meetings by commenting on how lovely the pups look ( whether they did or not). Of course, I'm more than human and for the really obnoxious ex-clients I've directed my cooments to the dogs and told them how much I've missed seeing them.

Comment

I have contemplating releasing her into the search for another groomer for A LONG time. Spoke with my husband many many times about how frustrated I have been with this single client. He graciously reminded me that at that time I could not financially afford to release her.( I told him as soon as i have 3 new monthly clients thats it, shes gone. Got my new 3 clients. )That was every 2 wks last year! I finally found a software that I am consistent in using and have documented every single occurance. (Not the best with papers) Every 1st and 3rd Monday for 1.5 years. That was her schedule. Not hard to remember. Not hard to adhere to the 24 hour notice of cancellation, not hard to send me a text saying I won't be able to make it because I am in another state. Not hard to show up with all 3 dogs when you have already confirmed for them. And she lied to me in regards to her street being flooded ! I was literally 5 mins away from her neighborhood, Driving mind you , when I received a text saying she was flooded in. Well a picture is worth a million! Lo and behold 5 mins after there was no standing water in or around her neighborhood let alone her house. She is the only client I had that i dreaded having come. Wait, scheduled . Then she decided to just show up for an appointment that she did not receive a reminder for. Took the dog, which was my problem. Ever since Monday I have been so irritated on the inside. Was gonna give her 1 more chance but you know, the way I have felt I cannot continue with her. I had cancelled all other apts for the year and she just showed up. I just found it odd that she can show up for the 1 apt that she received NO REMINDER! I am done with this lady. Tired of wondering if she will make it or not. Will she pick up her dogs on time will her Husky (really a malamute) decide she had enough and fly out of the tub oand kill itself or rip hand off because the owner will not get the dog some stairs to get out of the car that's up high. And to top it all off she manages a human salon. Knows about timeliness. Done . Done done.

Comment

Makes sense especially for smaller businesses that count on grooming what they have booked.

Comment

Thanks for letting me vent.

Comment

So glad you are feeling better. Also glad you added more info about the situation. I was sort of thinking about how good it is to have a customer who comes that often! Heck, I was ready to let that bad behavior slide and keep that regular bank. But those dogs that we sort of cringe when they are on the schedule.....whether it's the person attached to them or the dog itself.........those can't go away fast enough. There's enough tension to soak away in the hot tub every day without all that.

Comment

Originally posted by MercyMe View Post
                    So glad you are feeling better. Also glad you added more info about the situation. I was sort of thinking about how good it is to have a customer who comes that often! Heck, I was ready to let that bad behavior slide and keep that regular bank. But those dogs that we sort of cringe when they are on the schedule.....whether it's the person attached to them or the dog itself.........those can't go away fast enough. There's enough tension to soak away in the hot tub every day without all that.
                    Thing is THEY MUST SHOW UP for the biweekly appts, and OPS lady wasnt.....she was just clogging up the appts that others will gladly feel.
                    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

That regular bank is what let her slide for a whole year! I am very dedicated. The thing that got me was that she lied in regards to her street being flooded. I will no longer be able to trust anything she says and I have this anger well up inside everyone I know she was coming in. My whole family knows how frustrated I have been. Good riddens

Comment

I will forgive honest forgetfulness but not lies. Fired my first client over lies. She begged for a same day appointment claiming medical issues that would prevent her from scheduling when there was an opening the next day. When she returned 8 hours later she deemed of alcohol and bragged to the reception desk about how much fun she had at the racetrack down the street and wasn't it funny how she managed to finagle a grooming for her dog -ha ha. She was far enough in the sheets to be stupid and loud but not so far gone that she didn't turn red when she realized I was behind her with the dog. In front of her I told the desk to be sure to note that there would never stein be an appointment made for this client and that they were to state the reason as lying.
                        She tried to hook another appointment a couple after that and was firmly told no

Comment

Some people.

Comment

Oh wow, some of these stories! I've not had to fire anyone yet (knock wood), but have implemented a no show fee a few times. There was one lady that never showed up for her first groom , and never returned my voicemail. So she fired herself I guess?

Comment

Has she tried to come back?

Comment

Working...
                              X