Dear Breeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Breeder

Dear Labradoodle Breeder: Congratulations! You have bred one of the sweetest dogs I have ever met. She came in with her owners and looked just like you imagine a Labradoodle would look - sort of like a big, curly Wheaton to me, but that's just me. Anyway, you also picked the just right owners for her! They love her and she's in great weight and at 10 months old, she is the picture of health. They brush her a lot, just like you told them to. Now, don't be mad........even though you told them she doesn't really need grooming, they have a relative who brings their dog to my shop so they wanted her to have a little pampering. So nice of them, don't you think? Well, unfortunately, You Did Not Breed the Magikal Butterfly Farting Dog Who Does Not Care if They Are Matted to the Skin All Over. I had to shave that poor, sweet pup who couldn't walk without pulling mats on her pads, move her legs or sit or lie down without tugging mats, move her head without pulling on the pelt behind and over her ears and the Good Lord only knows how she was evacuating her bladder and bowels. Once I brought out the comb and showed her doting parents what she was living with, they both broke out in tears. They now hate you. And typing this through my own tears, so do I. Signed, The groomer who is currently free and walking the streets because she doesn't know where you live. Just kidding. Kind of.

AMAZING! How did you know I wanted to write that letter

Comment

Bless you for writing this.
      I would love your permission to print it out for all my doodle and other new and first time puppy owners to read. So tired of having to listen to owners cite their 'breeders' instructions about the care - or lack thereof- needed for their purebred mutt . Just had another one today want me to groom their doodle because "everyone else they've tried makes the dog look like a poodle". Tried explaining that there isn't a standardized trim for doodles and got this majorly indignant ,"well, my breeder has given me specific instructions snd a picture." Went on to explain to her that her breeder may have a specific look but that is one breeder, and that since it is not an AKC recognized breed there isn't a standard established. Aaaaargh !!!!!

Comment

Hear hear

Comment

This can be applied to any poodle / bichon cross. Whilst I only do one labradoodle I do loads of cockapoos and they come to me with the same story " the breeder said..." And matted to the eyeballs so have to shave short. This letter is just amazing !

Comment

HoneyandChewiespal, you have my enthusiastic permission. Use this any way you want. Knowing I was going to write it kept me from losing my $#!^. I'm off early to the shop to finish cleaning up before customers get there since I was half blind at the end of my day and didn't even vacuum. Guess everybody has a semi-breaking point. That was mine.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your heart, I understand too.

Comment

I used to journal to express myself too. Glad you wrote this.

Comment

I had one of these EXACTLY as you described on Wednesday. Couldn't even get a #10 under it, had to wet shave. By the end of the groom I was SO LIVID, I was ready to call animal services on these people!! The owner said to me, "you seem like you really care". DAMN right I care numbnuts, how did you let your beloved indoor pet get like this??? Turns out they have been taking it to a big box place which just bathes and dries it, without EVER brushing it!!!! WTF? Those mats were so tight, they couldn't see the fleas or sores under the pelt! Burns my britches I tell you......

Comment

Working...
                  X