Two back breaking days in a row...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two back breaking days in a row...

but you wouldn't have guessed it based on my grin!

Yesterday, my brother-in-law's dog was dropped off for a full groom and since he is an older fellow (10 1/2) and did I mention a BMD?! Oh, and he hadn't been groomed/brushed/nails/anything since I groomed him 11/23/16 (Just checked the records! EEEK).

I know, I know, I should be giving him an earful but it's been a turbulent year with that side. I won't go too into detail but there was a big relapse and return to treatment in the family resulting in the dog's coat/state. Feeling the dog out at drop offs I can see the packed coat come through the door lol! We discuss the plan and it's "do what you can, cut mats where you need, and tidy, neat pants." What is so nice about being your family's groomer is that if it takes all darn day they don't care, so the stress is minimized. After completing 4 other grooms I decide it's time, he's the last one of the day and we need to get 'er done!

Blew all that undercoat out, nice clean dog, bright shiny color on him now, pants perfectly trimmed and one happy and not stressed out dog. I'm sore and beat, looking forward to a beer later for sure. In laws were all pleased, got a nice fat tip, and just now I get a message from B.I.L saying how much he appreciates the work I do and how talented I am, the whole ego boost!

Today I had a really messy, large and excited Bernadoodle. Spent a good amount of time and hard work with the mindset that I wont be tipped, I take pride in my work so the rarely getting tipped doesn't bother me or reflect my quality.
    (I get a nice hourly wage and for some reason clients don't think to tip the groomer at the doggie daycare place.)
    When I get done this dog looks like a million bucks. Hair on point, flowing coat, cute "oodle" face and I'm proud. Owner tipped me and said that I do such a good job with her and that is why she goes to daycare here. I guess he wasn't too happy at the other "bundle" places

Anywhoo, thought I would share this since I am unable to contain myself!

That was a lot of hard work you did! Sure is nice when clients acknowledge and praise your work.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

These are the days we remember forever!!! Relish it. Make a poster for yourself. Treat yourself to a nice bottle of champagne to celebrate. The best part is your family acknowledging and appreciating what you do.
      Sooo happy for you.

Comment

Hope tomorrow is a breeze.

Comment

Thanks everyone!!

Today is shaping up to be a pretty average day and I took tomorrow off so yes, Champagne it is tonight! Even though I won't be relaxing per se...More like jumping into a frigid lake to raise money for Special Olympics. Well, at least I'll be refreshed?

Comment

It's always a wonderful feeling to be acknowledged for your hard work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't work in the type of shop that lrebooks, unfortunately, but by the time I get to each day, I am usually full up. (8-10 small dogs.)

My schedule for the next week already shows three doodles, 1 aggressive PWD, an OES, and two Chows. Good bye, shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by Moo View Post
                I don't work in the type of shop that lrebooks, unfortunately, but by the time I get to each day, I am usually full up. (8-10 small dogs.)

My schedule for the next week already shows three doodles, 1 aggressive PWD, an OES, and two Chows. Good bye, shoulder.
                Yikes bikes! That sounds like a lot of work! Plan something nice for yourself for after that week is over, it gives you something to look forward to after all that work!

Comment

Originally posted by Moo View Post

YIKES! That already sounds like a week from HE##!!! I am really glad I don't do big dogs any more., I do still remember these kind of weeks though.
                  Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

At my age it really helped that when days like this I have a couple employees. I remember doing it all alone. hang in there.

Comment

Working...
                    X