Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After cutting my dog's nails I felt something hit me, I rinsed out my eye and it stil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After cutting my dog's nails I felt something hit me, I rinsed out my eye and it stil

l hurts, I am not sure if the nail piece is there or not but eye does hurt, it could have just scratched it and gotten it out when I rinsed my eye out, but I am not sure. I ordered some eye solution online so I will try that when it arrives. Does it sound like the nail is still there or is just irritated?

Get to a 24 clinic or ER asap!!
    Have reception staff member who just had emergency eye surgery after delaying having a 'minor irritation ' checked out and treated. Too important to ignore and take chances.

Comment

Ouch, Dan50.... you could have scratched your cornea.. I'd get to an urgent care now, as well.

Or did you go???
      Debbie
      There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

Rinse your eye for about 5 minutes. Rinse, rinse, rinse. If a piece of a nail were in your eye, you would be able to see it, so inspect your eye carefully. I use regular water from my water tap in the sink to rinse my eye. If you don't want to use that, you can use bottled water. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan50 View Post
          l hurts, I am not sure if the nail piece is there or not but eye does hurt, it could have just scratched it and gotten it out when I rinsed my eye out, but I am not sure. I ordered some eye solution online so I will try that when it arrives. Does it sound like the nail is still there or is just irritated?
          Sounds like the 2nd time you have had this happen according to your threads.....what did you do LAST TIME?
          Last edited by Cyn; 02-26-17, 06:38 AM.
          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Yes I remember that. I have had this happen. You have to have the scratch checked, and it usually feels like something is still in there, but usually it is the scratch and they give you drops. You just need a good check and it should be fine.

Comment

Working...
            X