Be nice to your groomer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be nice to your groomer.

So, I finally got my regular customers to pre-book the next appointment, and few are booked through the end of year, plus I picked up quite a few of new customers this season, so I am fully booked for 6 weeks right now, longer if people want Saturday, or have 2+ dogs.
    Anyway, now the customers whom I groomed before, but are not pre-booked, and who are calling now wanting in right away, or at least within this week can be one of two categories.
    First say "Well, I guess I should not have told so many people how great you are. I will need to find somebody else now"
    Others say "Wow, that's so great for you, that you are so busy, good for you. We will take whatever is available!"
    Now guess, who I will call to offer an earlier spot, if there is a cancellation.

Lol, the second group! Good for you
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Congratulations on filling your schedule!
      Ain't it great that dogs are not selfish like people?

Comment

Originally posted by poodlefeet View Post
        Congratulations on filling your schedule!
        Ain't it great that dogs are not selfish like people?
        Yes, and that's why I like dogs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Great job, love the 2nd group.

Comment

Good for you! Don't be surprised if those in the first group call you back. That 'threat' of finding a new groomer is a ploy to get you to cave and find a slot for their pet. Sometimes, those people turn out to be very loyal clients...once they learn their lesson!
            Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KarlaSnyder View Post
              Good for you! Don't be surprised if those in the first group call you back. That 'threat' of finding a new groomer is a ploy to get you to cave and find a slot for their pet. Sometimes, those people turn out to be very loyal clients...once they learn their lesson!
              Yep a little attitude and then they think twice.

Comment

Yep, definitely find this to be true. Good for you!

Comment

I actually had couple new clients this season making appointment, then calling back saying to cancel it, because they can't wait that long, so they will try to find something else, and then they will call back asking to be put on waiting list! (Because in this town everybody is booked with snowbirds.)

Comment

yup totally. I had something similar happen to me.
                    I had someone call to leave a message (I don't answer the phone if I'm grooming) on tuesday asking for an appointment for her huskyX. I called her back that day and left a message saying I currently had a couple appointments available for friday and saturday. Well she didn't call me back until thursday and wanted friday or saturday and I have had a ton of calls and my next available now was for NEXT friday and saturday. She says sharply 'i need him in sooner than that he's leaking pee and stinks, I can drop him off on friday' I told her I'm sorry but we're fully booked until next friday but we can put you on a cancellation list if you'd like' 'No, I need him in right away so I'm going to find somewhere else'. and pretty much hangs up on me. This client has been to us TWICE back in 2015 and never since then.
                    Guess what? Friday rolls around and we have a dog cancel and could have fit her in! Did I call her? Nope, if you're gonna be that rude you're not getting a call.

And guess who calls on wednesday of this week asking to book an appointment? returned her call and left a message telling her when our next availability was but she never called back.

Comment

Same! Some clients take as much training to behave as their dogs, or worse, lol! I'm honestly more inclined to work with a difficult dog, then I am with a difficult owner. The odd ones I can handle, but if you are outright disrespectful then you'd be lucky to get re-booked.

Comment

Our machine states we are booking 2-3 weeks out, and I sat down Tuesday to 26 messages, with a good third of them asking to be squeezed in in the next day or two. My favorite are the ones who say "But I'm a really good, regular customer". I look them up to see we haven't seen them in 5-6 months, and they are only a 2-3 times a year customer anyway.

Comment

I can relate. I've made it a point to say I need a reply asap (or within a specific timeline), as appointments can fill quickly. I find it funny how they can be so "desperate" for a groom, but are in no rush to book.

Comment

Originally posted by MysticRealm View Post
                            yup totally. I had something similar happen to me.
                            I had someone call to leave a message (I don't answer the phone if I'm grooming) on tuesday asking for an appointment for her huskyX. I called her back that day and left a message saying I currently had a couple appointments available for friday and saturday. Well she didn't call me back until thursday and wanted friday or saturday and I have had a ton of calls and my next available now was for NEXT friday and saturday. She says sharply 'i need him in sooner than that he's leaking pee and stinks, I can drop him off on friday' I told her I'm sorry but we're fully booked until next friday but we can put you on a cancellation list if you'd like' 'No, I need him in right away so I'm going to find somewhere else'. and pretty much hangs up on me. This client has been to us TWICE back in 2015 and never since then.
                            Guess what? Friday rolls around and we have a dog cancel and could have fit her in! Did I call her? Nope, if you're gonna be that rude you're not getting a call.

And guess who calls on wednesday of this week asking to book an appointment? returned her call and left a message telling her when our next availability was but she never called back.
                            Had to laugh because so many similar things have happened here as well.
                            Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni89 View Post
                              Same! Some clients take as much training to behave as their dogs, or worse, lol! I'm honestly more inclined to work with a difficult dog, then I am with a difficult owner. The odd ones I can handle, but if you are outright disrespectful then you'd be lucky to get re-booked.
                              So so true, Jenni!

Comment

Working...
                              X