Pros and cons of marrying a groomer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pros and cons of marrying a groomer

Been dating another groomer, both of us are 50+ and never thought as yet HAHA of marriage, but you know I changed. I would consider it now where a year ago no. Anyone with this experience or know others. Anything unique about marrying another grooming I am ignorant of?????

Biggest decision to me is whether you work together or separately. Some couples need some separation time. Living and working together could be a challenge but I like the idea in that my other half would understand and share my passion for pets.

Comment

I wouldn't mind, especially he was mobile as I am going to be.

Comment

You both have enough life experience to figure things out. Lots of couples marry in the same profession, don't think groomers are that different. Congratulations on finding 'the one'.
        Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Listen........you will have all sorts of problems at first:

First of all, he won't want his nails trimmed.......you will have to grab them and hold tight to clip......God forbid if you cut them too short and one drop of blood oozes out. He won't forgive you.

Second: I would skip his santi trim.....

Thirdly: About now, he will start to prance around, so put a loop around his neck. Google "hangman's noose" to get the proper fit, then fling the rope end over your chandelier and draw it tight. This will keep him from squirming and letting him know that "you mean business".

Fourthly: Keep the noose around his neck tight, and pull him into the shower stall. Hose him down, using a "manly" shampoo and conditioner. Towel dry

Fifthly: HV him and make sure the noose is still tight. Finish off with a musky cologne and size appropriate bandanna. He may wag his tail at the end and expect a "treat", but be professional and shove him into his man-cave to cool off.

Now if you want to do this on a regular basis, I would say you will have a perfect marriage.

Happy perfecting the Hangman's noose

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

You are too damn funny Dolly!

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
              Listen........you will have all sorts of problems at first:

First of all, he won't want his nails trimmed.......you will have to grab them and hold tight to clip......God forbid if you cut them too short and one drop of blood oozes out. He won't forgive you.

Second: I would skip his santi trim.....

Thirdly: About now, he will start to prance around, so put a loop around his neck. Google "hangman's noose" to get the proper fit, then fling the rope end over your chandelier and draw it tight. This will keep him from squirming and letting him know that "you mean business".

Fourthly: Keep the noose around his neck tight, and pull him into the shower stall. Hose him down, using a "manly" shampoo and conditioner. Towel dry

Fifthly: HV him and make sure the noose is still tight. Finish off with a musky cologne and size appropriate bandanna. He may wag his tail at the end and expect a "treat", but be professional and shove him into his man-cave to cool off.

Now if you want to do this on a regular basis, I would say you will have a perfect marriage.

Happy perfecting the Hangman's noose

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
              funny girl

Comment

The only problems I can think of would be basic problems that anyone who is in the same profession might have.
                If you tell him how to do his job, or he tells you how to do your job, that might lead to arguments. Maybe agree to avoid commenting on each other's grooming techniques? It's hard enough to deal with criticism at work without going home and being given unasked-for "helpful hints" by your mate.
                Financially, there might be a problem if you both work at the same place, because that means if the place goes downhill, you're both losing income. Same goes for having a business together. If the business doesn't work out, both of you are in trouble financially. Might be better to have two different places of employment.
                Good luck!

Comment

I would love it, I am not bossy.

Comment

I actually met my partner through work and we did work together for a couple years. I started as a dog handler (Daycare, boarding and grooming facility) and worked with him for three years before we got together. He out of the blue decided to meet up with me for brunch one weekend and every since that day/night we have been absolutely crazy in love. (I know, gross right?)

Anywhoo, working with him actually was really fun so that was a plus. We also would pull little pranks on each other as the day went on, it made things fun. The only real con was when work and home would start merging, turns out that wasn't so healthy for us. Work is work and home is home is what works.

Now he trains dogs and those dogs board at the facility I still work for and sometimes I groom those dogs that are being trained!

Comment

I worked with my husband in previous career - he owned a biological consulting business in California, and I have a master's degree in biology, so from the moment I came to the US I worked with him every single day and loved every single moment of it! Then times changed, we closed our business and moved to AZ, he retired, I went to grooming school, worked at PetCo and hated spending so much time away from my husband. Then we opened our own salon and are working together again. Husband has nothing to do with dogs, but he cleans, takes calls and talks to customers. And he is very knowledgeable because he listens and absorbs everything I tell him about grooming!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It can work. I would do the grooming, he can manage, that is the business if you know what I mean!

Comment

Working...
                        X