So this happened last week....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this happened last week....

Took a nasty fall by my horse barn a week ago Saturday. Off course I ended up w/ 2 fractures in my right radius, but thankfully no displacement. I see the Dr. tomorrow for a follow-up appt and a new cast. Never had a broken bone before and of course I started a total freak out about my customers & business. This past week was lightly booked as my husband was heading into wk 3 after his hip replacement. My clients were very understanding, but I lost out on a few new clients. My niece who I taught to bathe a few years ago helped out this past Thursday w/ 2 bath dogs but she is still in college & has 2 other jobs. She cannot help bathe this next week, but can the following week. Fingers crossed I can start back slowly on Tuesday wearing a big ol' glove on my right hand. I know stuff happens....but dang it!![emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no! I hope you are able to get throught it without too much pain and inconvenience. Be well.

Comment

Dang...hope you heal quickly!
      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I hope you heal quickly. Good luck!

Comment

I hope you heal quickly as well. I took a stupid fall, at a park no less, about 1 1/2 yrs ago. Felt a pop in my foot. Dragged it around for a day. Short story long.. and 2 foot surgeons later.. no one said they could help me. But 3 months later.. I was still in a boot, still in major pain, called my podiatrist and had surgery at the 14 week mark. He had to clean out scar tissue, re-break the bone, and put a 2 1/2" pin in!!! I was out 4 months. But feet.. you know.. you are on them, they swell, etc. I lost a few customers. Gained a few. It kind of balanced out.

Just be very careful you don't over do it. Sorry about your accident .
          Debbie
          There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

Yikes!!

Fast healing vibes sent your way!

I broke my hand in two places about 5 1/2 years ago, dumb younger me did not allow my injury to heal properly. I wanted to be back working asap this led to my bones not forming correctly and now I have a weird hand "cramp" that will show up every now and again. Wish I would have gave myself enough time to heal, my hand works fine for grooming but I can never bowl again.

Comment

Like others said, wishing you quick healing, and please please don't rush back to work, make sure you heal correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope you feel better soon cupcake! And stay off the ice!!

Comment

Thank you everyone especially those who hv been thru this. I saw my Dr. this afternoon. I will hv the hard cast on for another 2 wks, then either another cast or brace based on my progress. My minor break is barely visible & the other break my Dr. said looks good. My ligaments are not as tender & sore. I am going to groom only 1 dog tomorrow & she is one of my 4 week dogs. So based on this I am going to groom only 1 dog tomorrow & she is one of my 4 week dogs. If I do ok tomorrow, Dr. said 2-3 small/medium dogs per day or 1 large dog per day. If I'm to sore or there is a lot of swelling I will back off. I'm in a better place than I was last week & I need to get healthy. Trust me, I am being cautious; my Orthapedic Dr. is a good friend...I will listen to him.[emoji6][emoji252]

Comment

lol-sorry I was cutting & repasting sentences![emoji23][emoji12]

Comment

Good thing groomers are tuff. I have worked with 8 stitches in my left palm, just gloved up and worked. Have worked with a broken foot, a broken ankle and last night I tweeked my right knee (have had surgery twice on it) so it is now in a brace but work here I come, lol. Funny part about my knee is I have a boarder here because her mother broke her hip and now I am hobbling around, but I can walk....sort of.
                      Take care as most Drs don't know the stress we put on our body parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                        Good thing groomers are tuff. I have worked with 8 stitches in my left palm, just gloved up and worked. Have worked with a broken foot, a broken ankle and last night I tweeked my right knee (have had surgery twice on it) so it is now in a brace but work here I come, lol. Funny part about my knee is I have a boarder here because her mother broke her hip and now I am hobbling around, but I can walk....sort of.
                        Take care as most Drs don't know the stress we put on our body parts.
                        Thx Cyn. My Dr. is a good friend so he really took the time to understand what the grooming process entailed. We talked in length before he gave me ok to start out slow. Just one Poodle today was tough. Being business owners the pressure is on, but we also hv to take care of ourselves as well. My customers hv been so incredible which helps ease my stress. I hope your knee is feeling better soon!

Comment

Thanks Cmf07! Knee has been iced since about 3pm....at least some of the swelling has gone down.
                          Glad your Dr understands and you are taking things slowly. Yep, as business owners the pressure is always on....but I have found over the years clients are very understanding.
                          Hope you and your husband heal quickly and correctly!

Comment

Ouch sorry.

Comment

Oh ouch, ouch. Hope it heals quickly. Been through things like this before.

Comment

Working...
                              X