Maltese coat care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maltese coat care

Hi all...been a while since posted, but anyway, I recently acquired a Maltese from a client who could no longer care for her. She's great and has blended into my family with so much ease. Her coat is decent but I want to make it great! I'm transitioning her to a high quality food, and I've been thinkingabout shampoos and such. Does anyone have experience with malteses and crown royale products? That's what I'm leaning toward. I've never used their line, but I like the sound of it. Any advice is helpful. Right now her coat is kind of dry and brittle. She's got about an inch of hair and I'd really like to grow her out more, but the texture she is right now tends to tangle easily. That's not a big deal since I dont mind the brushing. Breakage is a concern for me though.

Check out Maltese Obsession, who has both a website and a Youtube page. The name kind of says it but she's got tons of great advice on the breed. Super cute dogs (and voice).

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni89 View Post
      Check out Maltese Obsession, who has both a website and a Youtube page. The name kind of says it but she's got tons of great advice on the breed. Super cute dogs (and voice).
      Thanks! I will check that out!

Comment

Just offering a suggestion for health and coat. Add a couple drops of coconut oil to her daily food. One of my grooming instructors swears by this and I've seen the results. Her std parti Poo had been losing hair and chronic skin issues ( one doctor diagnosed a form of leprosy). Dog was one multiple medications and starting to have seizures. She stopped ALL medicines - some gradually.
        She started a regimen of coconut oil in the diet. The dog has a full coat, no skin issues, no ear infections , no more seizures, and she's had two lovely litters since then.

Comment

I swear by coconut oil and it is a natural treatment for the insides. I eat coconut oil every day. Unlike many oils it doesn't quite like to store on the body as easily. Oh thank god. Look it up, a miraculous oil and so easy to get organic without paying really more. Costco has it at a good price or vitacost.com. Naturopath recommended to me 2 tablespoons a day, perhaps on a salad and it is excellent as a cooking oil. Our local movie theater uses it for their popping oil, DELICIOUS with clarified butter, now that is my kind of movie theater.

Comment

I agree with coconut oil supplementation. You definitely want unrefined coconut oil as retains most of the nutrients found in fresh coconuts. Refined coconut oil is often made with lower quality coconuts and coconut meat, and sometimes chemicals like chlorine and hexane are used in the refining process.

Coconut oil is not just good for the skin and hair, it is reputed to help older dogs who are starting to have cognitive issues. Coconut oil has medium chain triglycerides which are easier for the degenerating brain to use as fuel. Further, it is also supposed to help with digestion and stomach issues like IBS and colitis.

Comment

I have found alpha white to work well. Love them bright. But if the coat is damaged then a final conditioner is going to require.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni89 View Post
                I'm pretty sure she uses pure paws

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X