Reminder calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder calls

So Its been about 16 weeks since i have seen alot of my customers. What would be good to say when calling to do reminder calls? I usually call and say it has been such and such weeks since we last seen bella would you like to make a follow up appointment.

It's always beneficial to you to pre-book appts. Ask them as they're paying you to book another appt. for 8 weeks or so.

Comment

When I worked at PetSomething, we would call people who have not been in a while and just say " hi, this is so and so from PetSomething grooming, just checking up on "Fluffy" and see how is he doing and if he is ready for his next groom" At that time we were still doing the scent of the month spa, or some specials on teeth brushing or shed less packages, so we would mention that, if applicable. Then we would list available days for next weeks or so...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

What ABDG said. Since you are mobile, it might be that mobile grooming just isn't for them, or, since it's been 16 weeks, they may be the type that thinks dogs don't get groomed in the Winter, and they're waiting for Spring (Yuk).
        Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

I suggest reading from problems to profits book on this, she was incredible with this info and had thousands of customers.

Comment

Since I'm mobile, all of my clients have been prescheduled a year out. Now, I don't give them a year's worth of appointments at once, unless they ask (then I give them the dates, not the times). When I accept a new client, I always ask them what kind of schedule do they want Fluffy to be on, any where from 2-8 week schedule. At the bottom of my receipt (from Barkleigh), I write down their next appointment and time. I do not give the client the "option" to call me for their next appointment,.....I give it to them. If they don't want to schedule now, then I explain that I'm booked out and I probably won't be able to groom Fluffy with only a 1-3 week notice. I have NEVER called a client to remind them that they haven't scheduled an appointment......to me, it sends a message that I'm not in demand and that I'm searching for clients. Also, at least 35% of my clients are never home when I arrive, they have given me their garage code or a key.

Happy prescheduling automatically

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

I agree with Dolly!
              About 4 or 5 months, I received a e-mail from a groomer wholesaler customers service, they asked me to tell them why I haven't made any order from them since xx months, I didnt had time to answer right away so they called on my phone and left a voicemail! I didn't appreciated it at all!
              BUT if they ask you to do remind them then you can do it, but I wouldn't for everyone, I prefer when they pre-book too I give them a day and hour

Comment

I do what others reek at but in from problems to profits it said to telephone, and postcard. Worse yet, I freaked, was to ask gulp if they were pleased with the last groom. Freaking I did it as I start my new business no longer employed and I get great responses and they say you are the first groomer to do this and most book. Some are sad they lost their pets but most book again or say they will come back. My fear level has gone way down and love my respect, it is working.

Comment

I agree with the others......be confident in your work and prebook dogs at the end of their appt for next groom. Now I do text or call reminders 2 days before prebooked appt.....some forget when it is suppose to be. Hang in there, your biz will grow.
                  Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

We ask people if they want reminders by 1) text, 2) postcard or 3) telephone call not text. About half want text today, older folks like the calls.

Comment

Working...
                    X