I just have to whine a little

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just have to whine a little

We have been inundated with bad weather. Started sometimes last week with about five inches of snow. Not that big of a deal, but because I had a major hill to climb and there were reports of slide offs, overturned vehicles etc. I decided to cancel my day. I re-booked everyone for Sunday. In the meantime we get an atmospheric river come through, it DUMPS rain, melts the snow, and rains up in the mountains to 8000 feet so the snow up there is melting too and the runoff runs.... well downhill. I had to monitor weather and road reports constantly to make sure I wasn't going to get stuck somewhere and they would close the route out. Our town flooded in a lot of spots, the river crested over it's banks, schools were cancelled, and it was about three days of mudslides, washed out roads, and bridges being closed (mind you I live in the high desert we don't get this kind of weather). Then today, just as the flooding is ending I wake up to another six inches of snow, my kids go off to school, only for me to get a text from my oldest that the power is out at the high school, Facebook reports said the intermediate school as well, where my youngest is. They held all the kids there in the multipurpose room for over three hours before the electricity came back on. In the meantime I'm in the next town trying to get through my day. Now we're getting alerts to not get rid of our sandbags blah blah blah. I am SO over it!

Well you cannot always the avoid the pineapple expresses from the Northwest. You moved away from here and it found you down there. Just kidding you, I know how frustrating it can be. I've been stuck for 2 days and cannot get out of my property from snow too, but looks like better weather is coming our way too.
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

Yikes... that is really bad. Stay safe.
      Debbie
      There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

Sorry Cockerlvr, the weather decided you needed more down time. This too shall pass.
        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

We have periods like that and it's like, okay I get it, don't fight it, it will pass so we take it slower and then do make-up. Hope it is better soon.

Comment

I feel your pain. We have now our 2nd most Winter snowfall in recorded history-in the desert of Eastern Wash. And it's only January. This AM frost lay a good half inch thick on the trees. It was magical. Think we get the heavy rain next week on top of about 9 inches of snow. Crazy Winter out West-no matter where you are. Below zero temps, too.
            Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Sorry you guys are having such a tough time. The only positive thing convenient is that at least there won't be any water restrictions in the future – or maybe in the near future. I feel for you. I won't say too much because I'm in South Florida – but I moved from upstate New York and Pennsylvania to come here.

Comment

Luckily I'm home based when the bad weather hits. Had a few short notice cancellations lately, but with the -40 c days, I'm a bit more forgiving of that.

Comment

That's some atrocious weather you're getting! It sucks to have things you can't control ruin your days. I hope it has since cleared up and you have a chance to catch up. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyinAnaheim View Post
                    That's some atrocious weather you're getting! It sucks to have things you can't control ruin your days. I hope it has since cleared up and you have a chance to catch up. Fingers crossed.
                    We've been gray and dreary but no precip for a few days. We're due for it again starting Wednesday with rain, then snow snow snow again. However, I'm heading your way Sunday to the happiest place on earth for a little R&R. One of those R's is more for rejuvenation than rest or relaxation as walking five miles a day isn't my idea of rest. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
                      We have been inundated with bad weather. Started sometimes last week with about five inches of snow. Not that big of a deal, but because I had a major hill to climb and there were reports of slide offs, overturned vehicles etc. I decided to cancel my day. I re-booked everyone for Sunday. In the meantime we get an atmospheric river come through, it DUMPS rain, melts the snow, and rains up in the mountains to 8000 feet so the snow up there is melting too and the runoff runs.... well downhill. I had to monitor weather and road reports constantly to make sure I wasn't going to get stuck somewhere and they would close the route out. Our town flooded in a lot of spots, the river crested over it's banks, schools were cancelled, and it was about three days of mudslides, washed out roads, and bridges being closed (mind you I live in the high desert we don't get this kind of weather). Then today, just as the flooding is ending I wake up to another six inches of snow, my kids go off to school, only for me to get a text from my oldest that the power is out at the high school, Facebook reports said the intermediate school as well, where my youngest is. They held all the kids there in the multipurpose room for over three hours before the electricity came back on. In the meantime I'm in the next town trying to get through my day. Now we're getting alerts to not get rid of our sandbags blah blah blah. I am SO over it!
                      Yeah its pretty nasty in places.
                      Just came back from a trip up to GrassValley- super wet and right on sth edge of the snow line/ flood line.

Im wondering if we should have used a wetherized 4x4 as our starting model.

UD

UD

Comment

Winter sucks!

I feel ya! We had some -20 days here just a few weeks ago, then we got like 10 inches of snow dumped on us followed by a deep freeze. The streets were like ice rinks!

Today it's 30 degrees and sunny, supposed to rain tomorrow. Minnesota is weird!

Comment

Working...
                        X