Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Essential Oils

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Essential Oils

    Does anyone diffuse EOs in your shop?

  • #2
    I do - mainly lavender blends. I actually will wear a necklace that has a woolen ball exposed thru the metal that is wrapped around it. I just put a dab of essential oil on it and put it on for certain dogs w/ high anxiety. I believe it helps to relax certain dogs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • #3
      Sometimes I do. I got an email from Dr. Karen Becker who has teamed up with this gal.. hahaha that sounds so sketchy. Anyway.. this gal is selling essential oils for pets.. including cats, dogs, and birds.. which surprised the heck out of me. So.. I bought the one for birds, since I have parakeets in my salon. And I have these diffusers. Anyway.. it works well. My birds seems happy and healthy!
      Debbie
      There's always room for another rose in the garden.

      Comment


      • #4
        I use a diffuser with lavendar. Also put lavendar on grooming arm & my sleave. I really think it helps...especially with puppies

        Comment


        • #5
          I diffuse oils all day long in my mobile, and have been for a few years now. Wouldnt have it any other way.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yikes........I Googled "dangers of essential oils to animals" and got this:

            http://www.naturalnews.com/022909_pe...tial_oils.html

            At the bottom of report, it lists the dangers of using oils around certain animals........and all birds


            Happy Googling

            Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

            www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Most or the warnings, human or animal, are applications on the pet or human skin or internally. Diffusion is rarely an issue and I prefer very light amount.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                Yikes........I Googled "dangers of essential oils to animals" and got this:

                http://www.naturalnews.com/022909_pe...tial_oils.html

                At the bottom of report, it lists the dangers of using oils around certain animals........and all birds


                Happy Googling

                Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

                www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
                It's always a good idea to do your home work, or in the words of the author of the article you linked... "A little knowledge can go a long way while incorporating essential oils in and around your animals."
                Especially with something like essential oils, there is so much to know, and knowledge is power in my opinion. Or you can claim ignorance and never reap the benefits of oils for yourself or your pets. Essential oils are not for everyone, however - I have seen amazing results in my home and my business with a bunch of research and a whole lot of common sense. If you would like to learn about essential oils from a vet who uses oils in her practice, this would be a good starting point...http://www.oilyvet.com

                Happy gaining knowledge

                Comment


                • #9
                  For those of you that use essential oils in salons...do you notify owners that you do? Do you have signs at the front desk? What if someone says they are allergic?


                  Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Not to discredit those who have true allergies, but I found it so many people claim to have allergies when they just don't like the scent or they don't want to be bothered with something.
                    For instance I have a laser who claims to have a severe asthmatic reaction to all isle of dog products. When she was my primary better (three days a week) I made sure to restrict the use of those products and she was going to be around. However, she is now my least frequent Baylor (one day a week at most). My other primary bathers love the island dog product as do I. I really didn't realize that I had premixed nothing but I left dog for the two days my other Baylor had to come in and substitute. Not till the day after the fact did I realize it. She had no reaction there was no drama. When she sees the bottle her face turns red she starts gasping for air. Mental is a lot of reaction to some products.

                    Our hospital has also started burning candles that they're selling as room deodorizers for pet smell. Most people have absolutely no negative response to them. Some people come in and after 10 or 15 minutes realize that there's a candle burning and start to get very dramatic. We moved him to a clean room and offer them all sorts of options. I agree that some people are truly allergic and sensitive to certain odors and smell And fragrances. But most of the time and less it is applied directly to them it really doesn't impact. Please understand I am saying most of the time there are those who are hypersensitive and I understand.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I would be extremely careful using essential oils around birds. An empty frying pan left on the stove or even an iron warming up can emit fumes enough to kill a bird. They are incredibly sensitive.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        [emoji40] sorry, allergies
                        Last edited by petagreespa; 01-05-17, 07:43 PM. Reason: Seriously

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ABDG View Post
                          For those of you that use essential oils in salons...do you notify owners that you do? Do you have signs at the front desk? What if someone says they are allergic?


                          Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          Not trying to be sassy, but...for those of you who use bleach and harsh chemicals in your salons, do you notify the owners that you do? Your clients - dog, cat or human, are more likely to have a reaction to those chemicals than they are to a few drops of essential oils diffusing in a salon. I personally feel It is a good practice to post if you use essential oils. (Btw, there is definitely a use for bleach in a salon, please don't misunderstand my point) allergies? I've got an oil for that! 😉

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by petagreespa View Post
                            It's always a good idea to do your home work, or in the words of the author of the article you linked... "A little knowledge can go a long way while incorporating essential oils in and around your animals."
                            Especially with something like essential oils, there is so much to know, and knowledge is power in my opinion. Or you can claim ignorance and never reap the benefits of oils for yourself or your pets. Essential oils are not for everyone, however - I have seen amazing results in my home and my business with a bunch of research and a whole lot of common sense. If you would like to learn about essential oils from a vet who uses oils in her practice, this would be a good starting point...http://www.oilyvet.com

                            Happy gaining knowledge


                            Thank you, petagreespa!! Those are the ones I use! I couldn't think of her name or site for the life of me lol.
                            Debbie
                            There's always room for another rose in the garden.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by petagreespa View Post
                              It's always a good idea to do your home work, or in the words of the author of the article you linked... "A little knowledge can go a long way while incorporating essential oils in and around your animals."
                              Especially with something like essential oils, there is so much to know, and knowledge is power in my opinion. Or you can claim ignorance and never reap the benefits of oils for yourself or your pets. Essential oils are not for everyone, however - I have seen amazing results in my home and my business with a bunch of research and a whole lot of common sense. If you would like to learn about essential oils from a vet who uses oils in her practice, this would be a good starting point...http://www.oilyvet.com

                              Happy gaining knowledge
                              Dolly... here is the website of the oily vet vet. She's got some great information.

                              http://www.animaleo.info/
                              Debbie
                              There's always room for another rose in the garden.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X