So I can officially announce...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I can officially announce...

I ordered a brand new Wagntail Dyna Groom Van with the diesel options and I'm adding a Catty Shack because I do a lot of cats. Grr'n'Purr Mobile Pet Grooming will be up and running in February. Thanks to Wagntail's for their incredible fast build time.

I gave 30 days notice today which was a little stressful. I manage the salon for an absentee owner . I've been there since day one and it's been 8 years. I can't stand dealing with the endless personnel issues and the texts from the owner about how we can to better. I love the owner but I have to take care of myself and my Mom.

I lost my sister very quickly in August from cancer and my Mom is dealing with Dementia and I am 100% responsible for her. My sister was kind enough to name me beneficiary of both her life insurance and 401k. As sad as it was, it was also a blessing, giving me the opportunity to buy this Van without compromising my retirement. And will give me the flexible schedule I need to deal with my Mom's doctor appointments.

This week as been especially stressful because of buying the Van, giving my notice and spending half of Monday and today in the ER with my Mom. I need a massage tomorrow.

2016 has been a long and shi**y year for me, but I think in 2017, I will be a Phoenix arising from the ashes.

Please wish me luck, I could use it.

Scott

Originally posted by BengalCatGuy View Post
    I ordered a brand new Wagntail Dyna Groom Van with the diesel options and I'm adding a Catty Shack because I do a lot of cats. Grr'n'Purr Mobile Pet Grooming will be up and running in February. Thanks to Wagntail's for their incredible fast build time.

I gave 30 days notice today which was a little stressful. I manage the salon for an absentee owner . I've been there since day one and it's been 8 years. I can't stand dealing with the endless personnel issues and the texts from the owner about how we can to better. I love the owner but I have to take care of myself and my Mom.

I lost my sister very quickly in August from cancer and my Mom is dealing with Dementia and I am 100% responsible for her. My sister was kind enough to name me beneficiary of both her life insurance and 401k. As sad as it was, it was also a blessing, giving me the opportunity to buy this Van without compromising my retirement. And will give me the flexible schedule I need to deal with my Mom's doctor appointments.

This week as been especially stressful because of buying the Van, giving my notice and spending half of Monday and today in the ER with my Mom. I need a massage tomorrow.

2016 has been a long and shi**y year for me, but I think in 2017, I will be a Phoenix arising from the ashes.

Please wish me luck, I could use it.

Scott
    Congratulations Scott! I'm happy for you. Sorry for your loss and for what you are going through. Looks like your 2017 is getting off to a great start.

Comment

Good luck, Scott! You deserve it, be your own boss and enjoy! Hope 2017 will be much much better for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Best of luck with your new van. I have 1 mobile cat groomer. Demand for mobile has increased over the years I have found. You will do well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Some years are like that-leave you heartsick and discouraged. But good for you Scott for keeping your head up and finding a way to wring something good out of the misery. What a wonderful, thoughtful sister! Best wishes with your new venture and being your own boss!

Comment

That sounds like a great way to improve life. I think managing a salon is sort of the worst of worlds -- lots of responsibility while also being under someone's . I'm sure kindness isn't the reason your sister willed you her money. She knew you'd make good choices.

Comment

Wishing you the best Scott. Sometimes life can really get rough.....sounds like you are making lemonade out of lemons!
              Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Going mobile will be your very best decision you have ever made !! About the Catty Shack.......have you ever used one? When I went to NCGIA, that was are only option in drying a cat. The problem I have with it is: It is an enclosed glass cube, with no restraint for the cat.....so the cat can roam around......well, once you turn on the HV, and you stick your arms into the holes, the noise is intense (to say the least) and the cat goes WILD. You are limited with your arm/hand restraint due to the glass cube and you can only reach in so far. Meanwhile, the cat is going WILD. The end results was usually the cat peeing everywhere, since it is going WILD.....then you would have to stop and rewash the cat, and proceed with the same routine with dying with the HV, inside a glass cube with you arms stuck in and the cat is going WILD. The Catty Shack does keep the hair from floating around.

I'm mobile (2011 WGT Pro) and also do cats. I put an dog leash around the front legs that snap on over the back, then I loop my grooming leash around this leash that's around the cat. This keeps the cat from jumping off the table. I also do this while during the bath, making sure that the leash is short enough to prevent the cat from jumping out. I have full control of the cat with my arms/hands since I'm above the cat and not stretching into a glass cube. I dry the cat on my table, since you are only to use cool air and the Kool Air dryer is in the front of grooming area. I always put a towel under the cat in case the cat pees. The cat is now under total control, not allowed to jump around. vs a cat in the Catty Shack that is going WILD.

This is just my experience, and I foung that the Catty Shack was more of a hindrance that a solution for grooming a cat......and the noise inside that cube was INTENSE....poor kitty

Happy going mobile

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Good for you! Here's to a better 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                    Going mobile will be your very best decision you have ever made !! About the Catty Shack.......have you ever used one? When I went to NCGIA, that was are only option in drying a cat. The problem I have with it is: It is an enclosed glass cube, with no restraint for the cat.....so the cat can roam around......well, once you turn on the HV, and you stick your arms into the holes, the noise is intense (to say the least) and the cat goes WILD. You are limited with your arm/hand restraint due to the glass cube and you can only reach in so far. Meanwhile, the cat is going WILD. The end results was usually the cat peeing everywhere, since it is going WILD.....then you would have to stop and rewash the cat, and proceed with the same routine with dying with the HV, inside a glass cube with you arms stuck in and the cat is going WILD. The Catty Shack does keep the hair from floating around.

I'm mobile (2011 WGT Pro) and also do cats. I put an dog leash around the front legs that snap on over the back, then I loop my grooming leash around this leash that's around the cat. This keeps the cat from jumping off the table. I also do this while during the bath, making sure that the leash is short enough to prevent the cat from jumping out. I have full control of the cat with my arms/hands since I'm above the cat and not stretching into a glass cube. I dry the cat on my table, since you are only to use cool air and the Kool Air dryer is in the front of grooming area. I always put a towel under the cat in case the cat pees. The cat is now under total control, not allowed to jump around. vs a cat in the Catty Shack that is going WILD.

This is just my experience, and I foung that the Catty Shack was more of a hindrance that a solution for grooming a cat......and the noise inside that cube was INTENSE....poor kitty

Happy going mobile

Hummm, that is something to think about.

Scott

Comment

I think if, as they say, your higher power never gives you more than you can deal with, then he must think you're a real [email protected]$$ ! What a lot for you to endure in such a short time span. It is truly a remarkable silver lining in your cloud though, that you are able to purchase the mobile and have the flexibility to help your mom. Your sister truly is an angel. Best wishes to you and yours for a healthy and prosperous 2017.

Side note to Dolly...girl you are a hoot! I kind of expected you would be Happy Going Tame, or Happy Being Un-Shack-eled though. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by BengalCatGuy View Post
                        Hummm, that is something to think about.

Scott
                        But if you like the Catty Shack it will already have its place in you SWEET van....if ya don't like it, then it can be removed and sold.
                        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                          But if you like the Catty Shack it will already have its place in you SWEET van....if ya don't like it, then it can be removed and sold.
                          That's a good point Cyn.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                            Well........the Catty Shack is going to be wired into your new van, plus it is going to eliminate some valuable cabinet/work space. I would recommend deciding on it before your van is completed for pick-up. If you get it, and then want to get rid of it, you will have to remove the wiring, replace a cabinet, and then sell the Catty Shack at a loss, since it will now be a used piece of equipment. I believe that the Catty Shack for a van is their compact size..so your potential buyers will be extremely limited (since not very many mobile groomers do cats). $1600-1700 is a lot of $$ for a piece of equipment.

Good Luck and I'm sure you will be very successful. Make sure you contact area mobile groomers to let them know you do cats. Most groomers would probably love to refer potential new feline clients to you.

Happy letting the fur fly

Comment

Congrats and good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X