Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Groom quality goes down during holidays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groom quality goes down during holidays?

I'm tired, living off coffee. And wanting to do absolutely nothing each evening. Don't know why I take pics during this time of year, it keeps me humble i guess. But here are all the pics I got( my old phone is slowly glitching itself death and doesn't take good pics anymore)
    I remember years past we all posted pics of our crazy days, it was good to see we're all human and something's gotta give when you're grooming like mad this time of year.... Enjoy pics while I chant to myself " only 3 more days, only 3 more days"

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Lol, 3 more days is my chant as well. Will be glad to say 1 more day. I am tired tired as well.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Still looking great & adorable Itza! Glad tomorrow is my last day....Hubby & I hv had a bad virus for the last 6 weeks and I am finally just starting to feel slightly human again. Looking forward to calm holiday w/ family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Your grooms are lovely! I'm busy but I didn't overbook myself this year. I'm working Friday then taking off till Tuesday. but I'm planning on grooming 3 of my cocker spaniels Saturday since my husband works till noon that day anyways...will be up bright and early grooming my own!

Comment

I love the way you groom, and they turn out very nice. We strive to keep grooming consistent year round, so there have been more than a handful of days this last couple weeks we're running a hour or so over to make sure we get everything done right. Right now we're on the count down to Friday, and I'm bringing in the doughnuts that morning for inspiration

Comment

I adore the way Itza does ears

Comment

I feel like Frodo in LOTR. I keep telling my husband. I can see the Shire.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2366 (517x640) (404x500).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	1122356Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2387 (590x640) (461x500).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	1122357Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2390 (575x640) (449x500).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	1122358Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2196 (542x640) (423x500).jpg
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	1122359Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2287 (597x640) (466x500).jpg
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	1122360

Comment

Funny you brought this up. We are down 2 groomers from last year and the owner (who is no longer grooming) is putting a lot of pressure on the remaining groomers to put out more dogs. I manage the shop and I know personally the quality of my grooms are suffering because of this. I am really unhappy at this point and I hate my job. I'm tired of dealing with personnel issues and the endless texts from the owner on my days off. Fortunately, despite a very sh*tty 2016 for me personally (death of my sister and my Mom's continued journey with dementia) , things are going to change big time in 2017 for the better and allow me to love grooming again and the flexibility to care for my Mom and myself on my terms.

Sorry to bum out and hijack the thread and ItzaClip your grooms are beautiful.

Scott

Comment

Wishing you the best in 2017 Scott!

Comment

LOL I feel so much like this all the time I named my new poodle pup Frodo.

Comment

Coffee cup in one photo so appropriate Itza! But the grooms look great!
                      Sorry about your miserable year Scott. Seems like some years just go that way. Wishing you a much better 2017!
                      Cockerlvr-those pics are adorable! Did you have a photographer do those, or are you that talented with a camera?

Comment

Originally posted by poodlefeet View Post
                        Coffee cup in one photo so appropriate Itza! But the grooms look great!
                        Sorry about your miserable year Scott. Seems like some years just go that way. Wishing you a much better 2017!
                        Cockerlvr-those pics are adorable! Did you have a photographer do those, or are you that talented with a camera?
                        I guess I'm that talented lol! Those are just in my grooming van with my iphone. I've been taking pics of every dog I've done for the past three weeks and text or email them to the owners plus posting them to my facebook page. I'd post more here but resizing is a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by BengalCatGuy View Post
                          Funny you brought this up. We are down 2 groomers from last year and the owner (who is no longer grooming) is putting a lot of pressure on the remaining groomers to put out more dogs. I manage the shop and I know personally the quality of my grooms are suffering because of this. I am really unhappy at this point and I hate my job. I'm tired of dealing with personnel issues and the endless texts from the owner on my days off. Fortunately, despite a very sh*tty 2016 for me personally (death of my sister and my Mom's continued journey with dementia) , things are going to change big time in 2017 for the better and allow me to love grooming again and the flexibility to care for my Mom and myself on my terms.

Sorry to bum out and hijack the thread and ItzaClip your grooms are beautiful.

Scott

I hope all your wishes come true next year Scott. Sounds like a horrible year.

Comment

Love the pictures, hang in there. Your pictures always give me a lift. Don't stop!! Take some extra time off.

Comment

Hope things go better in 2017 Scott. Thanks for these pictures Itza.

Comment

Working...
                              X