Dog warts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog warts?

Ok ive got a question which may be stupid but I'll ask anyways....

So i just finished up grooming and old-ish cockapoo, but he has warts all over himself. Theyre kinda gross. Theyre giant red warts that bleed. Good thing i wear gloves because i would have had blood all over my hands... I'm even being super careful but they still bleed.

Would you deny this dog? I got blood all over my blades and brushes and other supplies and it's just gross and unsanitary.

Thank you in advance

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I forgot to upload the pictures

Comment

Nope would not deny service. Clean your blades and tools. Keep a bottle of peroxide handy. Just spritz a cotton ball and wipe blood off. You can Do So the crusty moles/warts in a basic conditioner before bathing to loosen up gunk. I would suggest a cc t brush or just use your comb to separate coat around wart. Notate where they are as to hopefully not run over them again. What I do when I know the dogs had these spots is to shave close to it then hold it in/cover with my fingers and trim around them with tiny scissors. You can also DAB and I mean DAB a bit of coconut oil on after cleaned. Just my 2 cents

Comment

Want to make sure what you are saying. They are bleeding without your even clipping or brushing them, the dog arrives with bleeding warts? I have some like this and I have to clip and brush around to not create bleeding. I know, adds extra time.

Comment

Originally posted by petstimes2 View Post
          Want to make sure what you are saying. They are bleeding without your even clipping or brushing them, the dog arrives with bleeding warts? I have some like this and I have to clip and brush around to not create bleeding. I know, adds extra time.
          They are already slightly bleeding without me doing anything

Comment

What others have said. Maybe suggest to the owner that if the dog is sedated for another reason (teeth cleaned, etc) that the worst ones be removed. Sad that some dogs get these, but just aging.
            Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Same reply as others.
              Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

In 30 years, I have never "trussed" up a dog like you have. If Fluffy was squirming around, may be the brushing was hurting him. I certainly wouldn't refuse to groom him, and I would put your brush on the shelf during the groom.

Happy cleaning up

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                  In 30 years, I have never "trussed" up a dog like you have. If Fluffy was squirming around, may be the brushing was hurting him. I certainly wouldn't refuse to groom him, and I would put your brush on the shelf during the groom.

Happy cleaning up

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
                  He squirmed but it was bc his leg started going, guess they itched

Comment

I've got a cocker with warts like that but they ooze this dark yellow/brown fluid constantly, and sometimes bleed just from being touched. Seems like every time he comes in he has a new one too. I've talked to the owners about it, and they agree surgery will probably be pointless in the end, so I stick to a shorter blade to keep them more manageable (clean)- about the length in your pictures actually. I've found reverse clipping helps to avoid nicking warts, because they are easier to feel, if that makes sense?

Comment

I usually get all the gunk off the warts in the tub, degreasing them as I wash. This helps with any that are going to bleed - usually the bleeding stops by the final rinse. Then I use a clipper comb instead of a blade. The comb attachment tends to glide over the warts. Any that continue to bleed, just clean up with peroxide. I have groomed dogs with many, many more warts than that picture shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                        In 30 years, I have never "trussed" up a dog like you have.
                        I thought the same thing, he looks sandwiched in pretty tight there. And I've been told that any bands holding up a male dog in the groin area need to be in FRONT of the penis, not behind, it can do internal damage to have it behind that area, especially as tightly as it seems you have him bound here. Personally, I would be VERY upset to see my old dog being restrained in this manner.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyinAnaheim View Post
                          I thought the same thing, he looks sandwiched in pretty tight there. And I've been told that any bands holding up a male dog in the groin area need to be in FRONT of the penis, not behind, it can do internal damage to have it behind that area, especially as tightly as it seems you have him bound here. Personally, I would be VERY upset to see my old dog being restrained in this manner.
                          He didnt like his feet touched and would flail around amd try jumping off the table... idk

Comment

A pool noodle split and cut to size can help those straps not be so uncomfortable. I don't have any dogs that need to be bound up tightly, but I do have several that need help standing.

I also do as a lot of others mentioned about those oozy spots. Degunk them in the tub, comb attachments for trimming, peroxide and cotton to clean as necessary.

Comment

The only time I refuse service is behavior, outrageous behavior, dog or pet owner.

Comment

Working...
                              X