Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's pray for a better 2017! (kinda long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's pray for a better 2017! (kinda long)

It's been a hell of a year, all I can do is hope and pray that things aren't quite as unpredictable in the coming year. Just a few things that are going on:

Business has been up and down, lost close to 60 clients - of those close to 30 passed - both dogs and people. 5 of our best clients moved away, the others found different groomers/boarding. Some people replaced pets, some didn't. The competition, who I thought was bringing their prices up, are not. They keep lowering them. Lost a very long time client to them just recently - can't beat their $24 grooms. Boarding was busy all summer and fall, now, not so much, but I'm hoping it's just cyclical.

Hubby has been diagnosed with some sort of pulmonary issues. The doctors don't quite know what because tests haven't been conclusive. More tests in January. He's not a smoker, never has been. Other than persistent cough and some weight loss, he's OK. It's not cancer. Pulmonary fibrosis is a possibility. His eldest sister (70) has been diagnosed with dementia, his mother (92) moved here from across the state in September, luckily his other sister does the majority of the caretaking, but there is responsibility on his part, too.

Son, his wife and our grand daughter have moved in with us, temporarily for a year, until his wife's medical issues get mostly resolved. Crowded, but OK. Thankfully we added on to the house two years ago, we couldn't have helped them otherwise (free room and board). He's working full-time, she no longer can.

The last few months have been terrible health-wise for my own dogs. Hope, our 16.5 year old dachsie is still hanging in there after a bout with vestibular syndrome in January, a stroke in March, and now some kidney/liver issues being treated holistically. Her litter brother is doing OK considering he has pretty bad arthritis. We lost my extremely special boy Lazer to cancer last Wednesday and his almost 14 year old half sister, who I bred and co-own, but doesn't live with us, passed from heart failure on Sunday. I know each day is a gift with these old dogs, but damn, it's so hard to lose them. The bright spots were a couple of great wins for puppies out of Sky and Oberon - Phoebe finished her AKC championship quickly and brother Percy in Canada won the Western Canadian National Specialty at only 14 months old! Sky finished her Bronze Grand Championship, Umbra finished her regular Grand Championship. I've only been to 3 weekends of shows this year myself - no time or money...

Life is always interesting and challenging...I just hope for the best for everybody this coming year.

Wish the best for you. You need a good 2 hour massage

Comment

Wishing you the best! You do need a massage and maybe a bottle of vodka!! ;D
      Merry Christmas Pete!!!!!!
      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

On top of that a few drinks. Stay well and all the best for a prosperous New Year!!
        Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

Good luck this coming year. A much better time may be coming. Life is funny that way. You never know.
          I'm kind of surprised you're offering free room and board to a son who is working full time. He can't pay anything or contribute in some way? You are far from young (sorry to state the obvious). I hope he will be there for you when the day comes that you need support. You are in a very vulnerable position.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
            Good luck this coming year. A much better time may be coming. Life is funny that way. You never know.
            I'm kind of surprised you're offering free room and board to a son who is working full time. He can't pay anything or contribute in some way? You are far from young (sorry to state the obvious). I hope he will be there for you when the day comes that you need support. You are in a very vulnerable position.
            My thought too, even if just a token. But I want you to know Pete I care and send you understanding!

Comment

Whiskey does a body and soul good!

Comment

Prayers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sending you lots of compassion and hope for a great 2017. I have had periods like this too but never give up.

Comment

Oh Petekids, so sorry to hear about your hard times...Let's hope it's just leap year, and next will for sure be better!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Petekids, HUGS HUGS.

Comment

Wishing you health,wealth and happiness In the new year!!!

Comment

Hoping for a better 2017. You have had a tough go of it for a while now. Time for things to look up.

Comment

Sending you lots of hugs & prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

May holiday magic find you soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X