Strange walks in and steals dog from salon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange walks in and steals dog from salon

My daughter has a grooming business about 24 miles away from. Saturday a man walked in, rush through the gate, opened a cage and darted to the lobby door. She screamed and thank you god her husband was walking to the door having gone next door to pickup some Taco Bell. He heard the commotion and blocked the man who actually dropped the dog. Henry her husband quick witted just caught the dog but gave time for the man to dash. Who knows what could have happened to the dog had it hit the hard concrete. They called 911 and in a police report was filed, and they are going over security camera footage.

I know they are considering putting in a buzzer latch so that someone has to buzz you in and out behind the front counter. Close call. They are in a very upscale area, not a bad neighborhood. Scary. Had her husband not arrived at the perfect time, OMG. And how would insurance handle this if the pet was never found? We're checking with our agent.

So scary. That happened last month to someone too.

Comment

We had a few shady people over the years especially during the holidays, so we put up cameras inside and outside, big enough to see, and we have a locked door that goes to back, we usually keep it open but this time of year it is shut and locked, sad we had to do this, but some people have no morals, oh and I have a fake purse up front too just in case. MH

Comment

Some people have given me the weirdo vibes, but so far nothing too bad. The dogs are all kenneled in my basement where I can see them from my table- plus I have 2 very huge dogs of my own I'm sure are the biggest deterrent . I like the camera idea though for that extra bit of security. I'm surprised someone would take the risk in a business where there is the likelihood of surveillance.

Comment

Sounds like someone oddly weirded out. Glad the worst didn't happen

Comment

They may have hoped a large reward would be offered since it's an upscale area. All they would need is a silent partner who "found" the dog to claim the reward. Maybe they were stealing the dog for a Christmas gift, who knows. Sadly there are some scary dognappers around these days. Around here, there have been several dogs stolen out of their fenced front yards and driveways while a family member was watching them! I'm glad her husband was in the right place at the right time.

Comment

We have a buzzer for our gate in the last year. Very happy, even some regular customers think they can walk back in. Especially one lawyer's dog we groom and she wants to touch stranger's pets....NO...but of course the counsel thinks she is immune to bites by any dog. OMG, otherwise great customer. Sorry no more, buzz proofed the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by arizonamouse View Post
                We had a few shady people over the years especially during the holidays, so we put up cameras inside and outside, big enough to see, and we have a locked door that goes to back, we usually keep it open but this time of year it is shut and locked, sad we had to do this, but some people have no morals, oh and I have a fake purse up front too just in case. MH
                Great to have a tracking device in the fake purse!

Comment

This is like the 3rd time in the past couple months I have heard of this, that old buzzer idea is growing on me in January after the holidays.

Comment

He needs to be locked in a cage.

Comment

Working...
                    X