We all know THAT customer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We all know THAT customer...

2 days ago, a woman brought in her golden doodle for grooming. She used to be groomed by my previous manager, who moved.

Well, apparently the mom doesn't think anyone else could possibly know how to groom a doodle. She brought in a book checked out from an elementary school, and asked me to read it before grooming her dog.... Diogi just gets a tidy trim.

In addition to feet and sanis, I took the eye corners a little wider than usual, but I guess I did exactly what she wanted.

She was just overall rude about the whole thing. Very sweet pup, but mom is crazy.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Hahahahaha what?? Lord if that happened at my shop my partner would have a field day.

Comment

Tie the season -----for the crazies to come out amongst us. You seem to have handled it with grace and diplomacy. I occasionally ( make that , almost always) have a hard time keeping a straight face when dealing with the chronically inane. Like the one who came in for a first time groom with a golden doodle puppy-------completely BLACK!!!!!! He was insulted when I stood in the lobby calling out the dogs name and looking at the light colored dogs. Top it off, he waited and paid $500 more for a his special dog who wasn't to EVER have a clipper used on it ' cause the breeder said it would ruin the coat. Oh, and he liked the dog in the early stages of dreads so be careful not to brush to much. Ooyy

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyandChewiespal View Post
        Tie the season -----for the crazies to come out amongst us. You seem to have handled it with grace and diplomacy. I occasionally ( make that , almost always) have a hard time keeping a straight face when dealing with the chronically inane. Like the one who came in for a first time groom with a golden doodle puppy-------completely BLACK!!!!!! He was insulted when I stood in the lobby calling out the dogs name and looking at the light colored dogs. Top it off, he waited and paid $500 more for a his special dog who wasn't to EVER have a clipper used on it ' cause the breeder said it would ruin the coat. Oh, and he liked the dog in the early stages of dreads so be careful not to brush to much. Ooyy
        Actually Golden doodles can range from cream to gold, red, brown, black, parti colored as well
        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Not sure why Black would be an unusual color. If the Standard Poodle of the combination was Black, and Black being a dominate color, I could very well see Black Golden Doodles.

Now the rest of the story...that's just Crazy on the owners part!

Comment

I groom several black golden doodles but I would still fight really hard not to roll my eyes in that situation! I have one client who insists on repeating every appointment that she has a "pure cockapoo-- mom was poodle dad was cocker." I just want to shout, that's not how any of this works!!!

Comment

Originally posted by segasmom View Post
              I groom several black golden doodles but I would still fight really hard not to roll my eyes in that situation! I have one client who insists on repeating every appointment that she has a "pure cockapoo-- mom was poodle dad was cocker." I just want to shout, that's not how any of this works!!!
              Thank you. Actually thank you all. I do know my genetic laws enough too understand that doodles are impacted by dominant and recessive genes. I think my head shake was in referring to it as a 'golden' doodle rather than just a 'doodle'. It's just started semantics.

Comment

My favorite color doodle is chocolate!! I groom a rainbow of them, but little Archie is definitely a stand out!

As for my OP, I held it together around mom, but my coworkers and I LOST IT 😂

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyandChewiespal View Post
                  Thank you. Actually thank you all. I do know my genetic laws enough too understand that doodles are impacted by dominant and recessive genes. I think my head shake was in referring to it as a 'golden' doodle rather than just a 'doodle'. It's just started semantics.
                  But that's cause it's a golden retriever cross poodle, rather than a lab cross poodle or a bernese cross poodle, or a st bernard cross poodle, or a old english cross poodle.

Comment

Brought you a book checked out from an elementary school, eh? That's why I love owning my own salon. My price would have gone up $10.

Comment

Originally posted by poodlefeet View Post
                      Brought you a book checked out from an elementary school, eh? That's why I love owning my own salon. My price would have gone up $10.
                      LMAO! Agree with you......elementary school book, SMH. ;D
                      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by MysticRealm View Post
                        But that's cause it's a golden retriever cross poodle, rather than a lab cross poodle or a bernese cross poodle, or a st bernard cross poodle, or a old english cross poodle.
                        Yea, this. The term goldendoodle isn't because of color but the breed the poodle is crossed with.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                          Actually Golden doodles can range from cream to gold, red, brown, black, parti colored as well
                          Yep I have doodle clients of all these colors plus white and silver!

Comment

Originally posted by MysticRealm View Post
                            Lol! That's a lot of 'cross' poodles! Kinda the way some people feel about it too!

Comment

Originally posted by J_espe View Post
                              2 days ago, a woman brought in her golden doodle for grooming. She used to be groomed by my previous manager, who moved.

Well, apparently the mom doesn't think anyone else could possibly know how to groom a doodle. She brought in a book checked out from an elementary school, and asked me to read it before grooming her dog.... Diogi just gets a tidy trim.

In addition to feet and sanis, I took the eye corners a little wider than usual, but I guess I did exactly what she wanted.

She was just overall rude about the whole thing. Very sweet pup, but mom is crazy.

Ahhh, the frequent test of our spirit. They bring their problems along to dump.

Comment

Working...
                              X