Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Destroys Oneida Grooming Business and Apartments

http://www.ihoneida.com/news/local-n...lk-apartments/

A multi-alarm blaze that started just before dawn consumed the aging Delk Apartments building on Alberta Street in mid-town Oneida Friday morning.

Firefighters from Oneida Fire Department, Winfield Fire Department and Mid-County Volunteer Fire Department responded to the fire. There was no immediate word on the cause of the fire.

Several residences and a business were destroyed in the blaze. Purrfect Paws, a pet-grooming business, was housed on the north end of the structure, while the residences were on the south end.

An adjacent building housing Michael's Mission was not impacted by the fire, sources said.

Alberta Street remained closed throughout the morning Friday, with traffic rerouted from Paint Rock Road on the south end to North Main Street on the north end. Most through traffic was diverted along Main Street during the morning school commute, snarling traffic on that side route. Some traffic rerouted by way of Litton Road and Stanley Street to Industrial Lane.
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Such a tragedy, and at the worst time of year. Those poor groomers.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Yes, a burned out business and in another thread a cracked up mobile van at Christmas rush.

Comment

Awe man! I feel for them

Comment

So sorry for these groomers, this is such an important time of year. Maybe they can groom from home or someone will let them use an empty dept in their business. I know kennels and vets that would rent their old grooming areas.

Comment

terrible bummer for groomers and the pets. With most groomers so booked no one else locally may take them in. Be nice if another groomer would let them use their space on closed days. I'm not competitive, I would let them. The less competitive I am, the more business I get.

Comment

Working...
            X