Job Interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Interviews

I got a job interview for a part time postion as a doggy attendant at a daycare/boarding/grooming facility.

I've only been on 2 interviews and they were years ago so I'm not really sure what normally happens or what to say. They told me to wear casual clothes with sneakers, so luckily clothing isnt an issue for me.

Any interview tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

They just want to make sure you're not a druggy or an animal abuser or someone who won't be reliable.
    I'd focus on your reliability, because that's very important for this kind of work. Let them know that you never missed a day at your old job -- if you didn't. Let them know you're not afraid to clean up after dogs -- I'm sure you had to occasionally clean up after dogs at the salon.
    Good luck!

Comment

Basic points: be prompt, be attentive, be prepared.
      Speak clearly and thoughtfully. Make eye contact.
      Be honest in your responses, yet be diplomatic.
      Most importantly----be yourself.

(Oh, and remember to breathe.)
      Good luck. Let us know how it goes .

Comment

What Honey said!
        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

What Emma and Honey said.
          Also, don't forget it's a two-way street, it's not only them deciding wether to hire you, but also you, deciding wether to take the job. So, if the initial interview goes well (if there more than one), ask questions about the facility, their policies, what will be expected of you. See if you can meet other workers to feel the vibe. (You wouldn't want another place that stresses you out).
          I think you already have an advantage, because you have a good work ethic, you are eager to learn, listen well to critiques, obviously not afraid to deal with dogs and their messes. I hope your boss will provide good references.
          I wish you good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for all the advice so far! I just thought of a dumb question... so ive applied to a bunch of different places in the last couple weeks... ive never had multiple interviews at the same time so what do i do? What if this place wants to hire me but idk if another place will want me to work for them and i just haven't heard anything yet. That probably didnt make any sense

Comment

Thanks for the advice so far! What happens if i go on this interview but then a week later another place wants to interview w me? I've applied to a lot of places... ive never had more than one place want to interview w me and idk what to do

Comment

Just wanted to say good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X