QWIK corp/general grooming ADV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QWIK corp/general grooming ADV

Share little tips/advice you think are crucial enough to pass on to a fellow newbie

Always double and triple check which blade you have on your clippers before you start cutting

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

If you know your finish time is short, or your client always just shows up early, finish your head first!

Comment

Watch your brushing especially back of rear legs. Newbies tend to brush too hard and brush burn dogs. Also watch and protect dogs eyes when brushing heads and faces

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Loosen your grip. Whether it's the clipper, dryer, brush, whatever, lose the death grip that you may inadvertently have when under pressure (like now during the holidaze). It doesn't add any extra time, but destressing your body will help destress your mind. Or maybe that's just me. Even now, almost 20 years in, I sometimes have to remind myself to loosen my grip and unclench my jaw. A more relaxed you means a more relaxed dog.

Take care of your body.

Comment

Originally posted by dmdogcare View Post
            Always double and triple check which blade you have on your clippers before you start cutting

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
            And along with this, always double and triple check that whatever comb attachment you are using is secured. Like very secure.

Comment

All good suggestions.
              I would add, don't ever get mad at the dog, if you feel you are getting frustrated put the dog down for few minutes and take a break.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Always hand wash the head with tearless shampoo.....and do it twice....that's the first place an owner kisses her dog......Also when drying the head, always put your HV on low speed and always put your hand over the nose area, so the dog can breath naturally and cover up the ear canal with your free hand.

Happy kissing Fluffy

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Always keep at least one or two clean towels within arm's reach. Always. You may not need it for weeks or months, but that one day you do, you will be so glad you did.

Comment

Mix your shampoo fresh and apply to dry dog. Bath everything twice. Don't cage dry, invest in quality tools continuously to save your body, continue your education, join groups like this forum and post pics and get critique to improve,

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ItzaClip! View Post
                      Mix your shampoo fresh and apply to dry dog. Bath everything twice. Don't cage dry, invest in quality tools continuously to save your body, continue your education, join groups like this forum and post pics and get critique to improve,

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                      I love doing this, the dog comes out so much cleaner when you don't wet them first

Comment

Working...
                      X