emergency bath tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emergency bath tomorrow

A regular called requesting an emergency groom tomorrow. Apparently the kids sprayed the bichon mix with that holiday snow in a can over much of the dog. Not in the face thank you, amen, and so skin seems to be OK, but the coat is gluey. Is that a word? Anyway, not sure what will get it out. I have grimeinator. I plan on using gloves and inspecting the dog well before. Anyone dealt with this?

Maybe dish soap. Maybe some baby oil to loosen the glue? (kinda like using oil on body wax)

Comment

I wonder if there is any info on the manufacturer's website about how to remove it from hair?

Comment

Dawn????

Comment

Have them bring can of "snow".....see what it has to say about removal from hair. I would think you might have to cut it off as that "snow" dosent even come off of windows easily.
          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Right, bring a can is the best advice. If it is only on the coat that's a good sign.

https://www.wired.com/2011/11/st_whatsinside_snow/

I would still advise them to check with their vet, definitely exposure to chemicals.

Comment

If it's really sticky, you'll have to comb the dog through with a lot of greasy/oil product, then follow up with multiple degreasing baths. If it's mild and not too sticky, heavy conditioner might work. If it has a greasy quality to it already, then go to it with a degreaser. I got silly putty out of a dog with a straight Chubbs bar.

I once accidentally walked my three Cotons de Tulear (with 4"+ of coat each) through an unmarked, freshly tarred road. In order to avoid having to give them all poodle feet and shaved bellies, they literally had to soak in vegetable oil.

Comment

So how did it go Whitedog?

Comment

Skin so soft,by Avon. It will also loosen up asphalt from feet.😁

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Comment

THX everyone, I was able to brush it out for the most part. It was very dry and cracked up pretty well with brush and rake, no trauma. Soaked the coat well, grimeinator took it out fast. Checked the skin, no issues. Just a powdery mess.

Comment

Lol, glad it came out easy. Now we all know how to remove it without stewing about it.

Comment

Good to know. I wonder had it been a smooth coat if it would have done a number on the skin? I looked a can of snow in the store and it was hard to understand some of the ingredients. Would take research.

Comment

Glad it worked out, I filed this in my memory for the future. We get lots of motor oil removals, now fake snow removal.

Comment

Glad it went well. We bathed a lab yesterday with what must have been a bottle of glitter in the coat. We rarely shave a lab, don't like too, but this one would have been a lot easier.

Comment

Working...
                            X