Is funky puppy still around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is funky puppy still around?

I vaguely remember funky puppy saying at some point she had vision issues and was still able to groom. I had surgery last year that left me visually impaired and I have questions! I can't seem to look up members from my mobile app or I would just pm her.

Any other visually impaired groomers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last I heard Funkypuppy was running her own successful salon in Vegas. She hasn't been on forums since 2014. If you go to your profile you can click on members link in top left corner and pm her.
    I could definitely be considered legally blind. I can't see anything other than a blur if further than 1' from my face. I do wear corrective contacts and can see fine for all things but grooming or reading, I need reading glasses with contacts to groom or read but if I just wear my "real" glasses I can see to groom or do anything but read up close, then I have to remove my glasses so I can read. Being vision impaired since I was 9 yrs old, just gets worse with age. Now If I were to get bifocal glasses and bifocal contacts, I would be able to see correctly with either of them....without the reading glasses or taking my glasses off. Next eye exam, I am sure that is what I will get.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Nope hasn't been around forever. Double Dog Dare, Kat05, Funky all MIA. A real empty spot left in the forum.

Comment

I follow FunkyPuppy on Facebook, yes, she has her own salon in Las Vegas called So Fetch!
        I do miss Double Dog Dare and her no-nonsense attitude.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I think Kat05 sold her salon....and yes Doubledogdare is greatly missed.

Comment

Cannot verify but heard that DDD passed, but it came from someone who was here a lot but moved to Japan with her husband transferred there.

Comment

Originally posted by whitedog View Post
              Cannot verify but heard that DDD passed, but it came from someone who was here a lot but moved to Japan with her husband transferred there.
              That was my feeling as nothing upset DDD, so she would never have willingly left this forum .

Comment

I miss them all too :-(

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                  That was my feeling as nothing upset DDD, so she would never have willingly left this forum .
                  I often wondered about that as well. It would make sense.

Kat still has her Salon though.

Comment

Originally posted by CockerGirl View Post
                    I vaguely remember funky puppy saying at some point she had vision issues and was still able to groom. I had surgery last year that left me visually impaired and I have questions! I can't seem to look up members from my mobile app or I would just pm her.

Any other visually impaired groomers?

I was going to get Lasik but sometimes it really goes wrong. Our postal clerk had dark dark bags under her eyes for 3 YEARS when Lasik failed for her. So I wear glasses to compensate.

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
                      I often wondered about that as well. It would make sense.

Kat still has her Salon though.
                      Oh ok, maybe she doesn't like us anymore.

Comment

I am glad to hear Kat05 still has her salon. It would be a great loss to the industry to lose such a talented groomer!

Comment

I noticed that funky even stopped her blog. It is up but has not been updated for many months.

Comment

I wondered about DDD. Hers was one of those names that if I saw it on a thread, I would always click even if it was a topic in which I may not have otherwise had an interest. There are some people you just want to see what they have to say. She is/was one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                              Last I heard Funkypuppy was running her own successful salon in Vegas. She hasn't been on forums since 2014. If you go to your profile you can click on members link in top left corner and pm her.
                              I could definitely be considered legally blind. I can't see anything other than a blur if further than 1' from my face. I do wear corrective contacts and can see fine for all things but grooming or reading, I need reading glasses with contacts to groom or read but if I just wear my "real" glasses I can see to groom or do anything but read up close, then I have to remove my glasses so I can read. Being vision impaired since I was 9 yrs old, just gets worse with age. Now If I were to get bifocal glasses and bifocal contacts, I would be able to see correctly with either of them....without the reading glasses or taking my glasses off. Next eye exam, I am sure that is what I will get.
                              I'm still learning to compensate for the new visual issues that have arisen since surgery almost 2 years ago. I have corrective lenses, but my fear of making an error is much higher, since after surgery I was having double vision issues, and a complete loss of depth perception. I miss grooming so much, but do not want to be unsafe about it, so I have not gone back to grooming other than my own cocker.

I took a leave from this forum for a long while after surgery, and really miss some of the names I used to see here [emoji17]

Comment

Working...
                              X