Major Makeover in the Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Makeover in the Works

So one of my puppies has come to stay with us for five weeks while his mom does a pharmacy doctorate rotation near us. She has been growing out his hair in hopes we could play show dog with him. Let's just say while the coat was long, it was far from in good shape. He had fist sized mats under his belly that had been bathed in. It has taken me four sessions and about ten hours to get to this point. Still have work to do on his back.

The before was a screen shot taken from a video, the hunch back is not a hunch back but about five inches of hair on his back lol!

We are headed to conformation classes for him to see if we can work through some personality quirks he has. Like growling about everything. Mom thinks it's cute and has encouraged it and the more you talk to him, the more he talks back. Not sure if we'll get to the show ring or not.

Oh, and yes, I know how to stack a dog, he just isn't too sure about it which is why I'm baiting him with food.
    Attached Files

Yikes! You have been busy. What a job-looks like a tough coat to deal with. Cobby little blue guy. Hope he learns a few manners.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Wow, you have been busy on that coat!
      Best wish on conformation classes, hope his personality quirks get fixed quickly.
      One has to wonder why ppl sometimes think growling and even biting are cute and acceptable behavior.....but some of them sure do!
      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Hang in there, looks like you will be a miracle worker.

Comment

Originally posted by KarlaSnyder View Post
          Yikes! You have been busy. What a job-looks like a tough coat to deal with. Cobby little blue guy. Hope he learns a few manners.
          Haha, good eye he is indeed a blue roan (And tan).

He did fabulously at the class today! I have hope.

His coat is actually dreamy thank goodness cause there is no way I would have been able to brush him out otherwise. It was just shy of two weeks since I bathed him last and he hardly had any mats outside of armpits.

Comment

Wow what a task. Learning more about cockers myself.

Comment

Love it! One day I'm coming to visit, and I will have my dream come true of you grooming my dog! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know you are a miracle worker with Cockers, love it.

Comment

You are a Cocker Goddess!

Comment

Sozin is BEAUTIFUL! You make lovely puppies...and love your grooming table

Comment

So the boy was gone home for two months with nothing done to him again, whilst living in four feet of snow. Can you say mats? I've had him back two weeks and am making some great progress. We are entered in our first show the weekend of March 10th. We practiced ear wraps as I wasn't sure how he would handle it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looking great, you know your cockers.

Comment

Hope it goes well. the work shows.

Comment

I love the pictures, he does have an attitude look I like.

Comment

Working...
                            X