December 23rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 23rd

Well, yesterday i spoke to my manager and gave my months notice, then i spoke to mr bossman today. My last day is going to be december 23rd and I'm super excited but also very nervous for the future. No matter how much i hated it some days, this will always be my first grooming job. I learned a lot and made some friends along the way, but after struggling through a year at this place, i felt like it was time for me to move on and find something different.

I'm not sure if I'll get another grooming job - at least not right away. I'm looking into daycares, boarding, and walking now. I do like grooming, but the people and dogs i had to deal with were making me physically and mentally sick and it wasnt a good time. I see people who LOVE their jobs, and it made me realise that i dont have to put up with this; it is possible to have a job i love going to everyday. This job just wasnt one of those. It was at first, but it didnt take long to make me change my mind.

Especially days like today. NOBODY made an appointment for today until 3pm. I was supposed to just stand around in the store from 9-3, but luckily the appt came in at 1:30 instead. Too bad the dog was a nightmare. The owner WATCHED the entire grooming process, witnessed his dog screaming and throwing a tantrum, and wondered why i told him to find a different groomer afterwards. I completely forgot i was leaving when i told him that i wouldnt be able to groom his dog anymore; i just told him that i got bit and scratched too much and i couldnt do it. Then he gave me attitude and said, "well now what do you want me to do?!" ...idk sir, find another groomer? No tip. Oh well.

I know that there are bad days at every job no matter where you go, but for me almost everyday was a bad day where id feel sick from anxiety or actually end up crying.

I'm nervous for whats going to happen in the future once I'm outta that place, but I'm super excited. Thank you to all of you who have listened to me rant about my workplace and the dogs and people ive been dealing with... and thank you for all the advice you've given me so far. I'm really happy that i found this forum because I couldnt have made it this far without you guys

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Woman, if you are that excited then you did the right thing!
    I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide to make your next life adventure. You are still very young and there are lots of options out there for you to try.
    You will always have your skill of grooming if a path you choose later in life leads you back to grooming. You have the best attitude and listen very well so life will be good for you again soon.
    Don't forget to drop in at times to let us know how and what you are doing.
    Merry Christmas! !!!!!!
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
      Woman, if you are that excited then you did the right thing!
      I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide to make your next life adventure. You are still very young and there are lots of options out there for you to try.
      You will always have your skill of grooming if a path you choose later in life leads you back to grooming. You have the best attitude and listen very well so life will be good for you again soon.
      Don't forget to drop in at times to let us know how and what you are doing.
      Merry Christmas! !!!!!!
      Thank you so much merry Christmas to you too!!

Comment

I'm sorry this job didn't work out for you and I hope you find something you love. I've been on the other side and that's how I ended up here and loving grooming. I hope you have the same luck finding what makes you happy.

Comment

Good luck! You'll do well I'm sure.
          Remember. A bad job is not the same as a bad profession. Not every salon is the same. Also, there are many ways to be a groomer. Vet clinic groomer, house call, mobile.

Comment

Good luck to you, in whatever you will do.!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I am glad to hear you have given your notice. I wish you all the best with your future plans and hope you find what truly makes your heart sing! Merry Christmas![emoji319][emoji1335]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had what sounds like a similar situation. Massive anxiety about anyone coming in the door bc I was constantly being disrespected, yelled at or accused of injuring pets for a free vet bill. It got to the point where I was having to point out any tiny scratch or mark upon check in and have a manager view it and make notation. Just so when the owner came back for pick up there was no questions or accusations.
                Something always wrong. Be it price etc. Sometimes complaints weren't even about the grooming but product or vet services. Complaints about not receiving services that were not included in basic groom price. Even though when offered services they were denied. I mean the list just goes on.

It started to get where I was just constantly angry at everyone and everything.

I quit after my salon manager and co workers left and I couldn't stand it anymore. I really miss the dogs and customers that were really enjoyable to work with.

It's sad you had to quit but believe me you're better off. I feel so much better not having to sit and wait for the next person to flip out on me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kozak11288 View Post
                  I had what sounds like a similar situation. Massive anxiety about anyone coming in the door bc I was constantly being disrespected, yelled at or accused of injuring pets for a free vet bill. It got to the point where I was having to point out any tiny scratch or mark upon check in and have a manager view it and make notation. Just so when the owner came back for pick up there was no questions or accusations.
                  Something always wrong. Be it price etc. Sometimes complaints weren't even about the grooming but product or vet services. Complaints about not receiving services that were not included in basic groom price. Even though when offered services they were denied. I mean the list just goes on.

It started to get where I was just constantly angry at everyone and everything.

I quit after my salon manager and co workers left and I couldn't stand it anymore. I really miss the dogs and customers that were really enjoyable to work with.

It's sad you had to quit but believe me you're better off. I feel so much better not having to sit and wait for the next person to flip out on me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                  I've been on the fence about quitting since August... but I'm so relived to have finally given my notice. I'm constantly anxious at work because I never know when I'm going to get yelled at or disrespected next. It seems to come out of nowhere. I also felt like I was losing my mind - I still do. I get people making me rethink everything I've ever said and done. "You missed your appointment for 9:30." "You told me it was for 10, not 9:30." "No I didn't, I only make appointments on the half hour." "Well I wrote down 10." "I'm not sure why, when I told you 9:30." "You didn't. You told me 10." I HAVE NOBODY TO BACK ME UP WITH THESE APPOINTMENTS. I feel like maybe they're right, but then I think ....no, they can't be. I can't be losing my mind just yet, I'm only 21 but who knows lol. I just can't deal with the customers there. There were a handful of very pleasant people and I do feel really bad for leaving them, but I feel like my health and happiness comes first. They'll find another groomer, probably a better one. I'm honestly surprised so many people have been returning because I don't feel like I'm that great. But anyways, I'm glad that this will all be over soon and I can finally move on and do something different. I've been calling a bunch of places and applying to jobs like crazy, so hopefully I hear some good news soon.

Comment

You have to do what makes you happy. I've recently discovered my new happy as well. Love grooming, and probably will still do this, but raising puppies is where it's at for me. Completely stress free in my books! My hubby and I are discussing moving to the east coast, as prices are cheaper there, and opening a Redbone Coonhound kennel. We want to have an excellent breeding program. It's attainable for sure, just not sure when. Health and happiness come first, very important. Do what's right for you, and the rest will fall into place. [emoji4] Merry Christmas [emoji319]

Comment

Originally posted by Hucksmom View Post
                      You have to do what makes you happy. I've recently discovered my new happy as well. Love grooming, and probably will still do this, but raising puppies is where it's at for me. Completely stress free in my books! My hubby and I are discussing moving to the east coast, as prices are cheaper there, and opening a Redbone Coonhound kennel. We want to have an excellent breeding program. It's attainable for sure, just not sure when. Health and happiness come first, very important. Do what's right for you, and the rest will fall into place. [emoji4] Merry Christmas [emoji319]

Oh wow raising puppies seems so cool, good luck with that! Where on the east coast? I'm in jersey. A lot of breeders are in PA; we got my dog in pittsburg

Comment

Originally posted by Hucksmom View Post

What's up with those puppies, more pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by dmdogcare View Post
                          I've been on the fence about quitting since August... but I'm so relived to have finally given my notice. I'm constantly anxious at work because I never know when I'm going to get yelled at or disrespected next. It seems to come out of nowhere. I also felt like I was losing my mind - I still do. I get people making me rethink everything I've ever said and done. "You missed your appointment for 9:30." "You told me it was for 10, not 9:30." "No I didn't, I only make appointments on the half hour." "Well I wrote down 10." "I'm not sure why, when I told you 9:30." "You didn't. You told me 10." I HAVE NOBODY TO BACK ME UP WITH THESE APPOINTMENTS. I feel like maybe they're right, but then I think ....no, they can't be. I can't be losing my mind just yet, I'm only 21 but who knows lol. I just can't deal with the customers there. There were a handful of very pleasant people and I do feel really bad for leaving them, but I feel like my health and happiness comes first. They'll find another groomer, probably a better one. I'm honestly surprised so many people have been returning because I don't feel like I'm that great. But anyways, I'm glad that this will all be over soon and I can finally move on and do something different. I've been calling a bunch of places and applying to jobs like crazy, so hopefully I hear some good news soon.
                          It was crazy where i first worked, and not so much the next 2 places but until I got on my own, which is hard year to grow, very tight, but worth it. Wish you the best.

Comment

Working...
                          X