Can you work me in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you work me in?

Here we go, getting these calls for after Dec 5 appointments. We have a cancellation list is the answer. Annual routine is about to start.

As of now we have 15 on our cancellation list. Black Friday the phone rang off the hook all day.

Comment

Wish I could train our front desk staff to manage a cancellation list. It's beyond their cognitive abilities ( and that's being kind). Instead, I am make no sure that my clients are booking as they leave these past weeks and am 'stacked just the deck' , putting my easiest and best dogs on the days closest to the holiday.

Closing for the 24th for the first time ever. Anyone else passing up Saturday clients? Makes no sense here since it's also the first night of Hannukah so ALL my clientele will be focused on getting ready.

Comment

Yep, I am passing up Sat 24th clients this year. Everyone else is in place and waiting list is long already.
        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I am actually closing on the 23rd. My Dad had a huge heath scare in October & a final surgery yesterday. Spending lots of time with my family and enjoying this holiday season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm closing 24th as well. I usually work it if it's a work day, but every year we drive 12 hours to my parents house and I like to do part the night after grooming The last day that the bad mountain pass is in daylight

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Growing trend perhaps. I've usually worked the morning of the 24th, but am closed this year also. All my regular clients are prebooked in for before Christmas, and I'm still getting calls daily. Got 10 on a cancellation list so far. This time of year is stressful, but I'm learning to not let it bug me too bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dozen on our cancel list here, could use another groomer but staying focused on what we are ready to do and getting it done. We are opening one extra day for bath only dogs and the bathers are very happy for the extra money for shopping.

Comment

We only give the first 2 weeks before Christmas to our regulars, at least first choice back in Summer.

Comment

Also closed the 24th, but we are always are. Yesterday i has a client with 2 goldens (both full grooms with issues and he only wants my one groomer to touch them) wanting in before Christmas, unfortunately he has cancelled at the last minute on his last 3 appointments. When I told him that the only possible way I would schedule him (and that I could only take one at a time because we are pretty much booked out) was that he not cancel at the last minute, nicely explaining that it is the busiest time of year and that it creates an problem when he cancels at the last minute. He blew up and told me that he was a good customer that always called before his appointment. Yes he called a half hour before the appointment and cancelled, but that isn't good enough, He said he would go somewhere use and hung up on me. Good luck with that. My groomer was kind of happy.

Scott

Comment

Staring tomorrow we are overbooked a bit, and solid. Some of my few employees want to do 1/2 day on Christmas Eve, so that cleaned up my cancellation list so far. I am giving all Christmas Eve groomers 100% commission for working that day. They simply need more money to shop, so shop away! Bathers get OT rate. Their happy and customers happy, so I am happy.

Comment

Actually getting new customers which is great! I think some couldn't get into their regular groomer and not telling me though. I figure I will groom their dogs best to match what the regular groomer has done. I am still growing a clientele so oddly the holiday crush gives me a surge.

Comment

Originally posted by BengalCatGuy View Post
                          Also closed the 24th, but we are always are. Yesterday i has a client with 2 goldens (both full grooms with issues and he only wants my one groomer to touch them) wanting in before Christmas, unfortunately he has cancelled at the last minute on his last 3 appointments. When I told him that the only possible way I would schedule him (and that I could only take one at a time because we are pretty much booked out) was that he not cancel at the last minute, nicely explaining that it is the busiest time of year and that it creates an problem when he cancels at the last minute. He blew up and told me that he was a good customer that always called before his appointment. Yes he called a half hour before the appointment and cancelled, but that isn't good enough, He said he would go somewhere use and hung up on me. Good luck with that. My groomer was kind of happy.

Scott
                          You're nicer than me. I would have made him pay in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I actually did work one in today. .....but I am tired tired.
                            She was so excited I worked her in (a regular client that was getting left out), she tipped me very very well!
                            Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Half seriously considering offering weekend or after hours appointments for those "emergencies" between now and Christmas. Prices would start at $75 or maybe even $100 with a $40 or $50 non refundable deposit. Or non refundable without adequate (to be defined) notice. Money talks. I'm willing to listen. Would not affect my regulars. They are booked year round and their appointments reserved way in advance. But yeah, for the right amount of money, I'm absolutely willing to accommodate them with my special after hours service. I could not possibly squeeze in another dog on my regular schedule even if I wanted to. Work them in. *insane laughter*

Comment

Working...
                              X