Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some of your biggest pet peeves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some of your biggest pet peeves?

This one only really applies if you work within a daycare or boarding facility but I can't stand it when I'm working on a dog and someone comes by and just *needs* to pet the dog! Some instances are worse than others like if I've just completed a groom and all the hair is exactly where I want it and someone comes by and ruffles the darn coat, gets me fuming! It helps that I'm a manager so I can instruct them not to do so, but sometimes I wish I wasn't so I could use a bit more "colorful" language.

This only happened one time, but boy was I angry...A client dropped off for daycare and wanted his husky completely de-shed and carded, the girl working the desk didn't know the difference between a simple brushing vs de-shed/carding and quoted him the price for brushing, which is $10. I was not aware she misinformed him on the price/service so here I am working my buns off and mucking all that dead undercoat out. I tell the desk girl that she should charge for an hour and a half of carding (we charge by the hour here) and she then informs me of her mistake... All that work, basically for free...

Man.

I only do Huskies 1 way, full deshed. A basic brushing is not a complete job in my opinion. I only have 1 price that includes the carding whether it be a Husky or GSD or any other double coat. If it needs way more time, then I only go so far and get most of it done. But they are getting their money's worth when their dog is on my table cause I go the extra mile.

Comment

I fully agree, the brushing service is really only for the longer haired/drop coats. I was frustrated that the girl at the desk stated the wrong price and the wrong service, boy I was angry! My day did get better as one of my favorite clients called to schedule her Akita for a carding later that week and I was tipped handsomely.

Comment

People that abuse free treats, and call at the last minute and want a priority appointment at their exact time.

Comment

Kinda what you said TootsiePie, the ones who expect too much of you. With the holidays coming up I'm running low on (Christmas) openings. I even got the "I guess I'll have to go elsewhere" call. Or the 'I am a loyal client and should get ...etc etc'. Sigh.

Comment

Vets that always say without any real determination process, it is the groomer's fault.

Comment

When a client immediately unclips their dog's leash as soon as they walk in the door. Of course little Bella is going to run straight for the door! (Signs do nothing to deter this almost mindless practice).

Comment

When people watch their dog throwing a tantrum on my table and think it's just the cutest thing

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Pushy salespeople who think "no soliciting" signs are for everyone else. Most of them will move on after a quick "not interested" or "no, thanks," but I actually had to tell a guy, "you need to leave," last week. I guess he thought he had a captive audience as I was kind of stuck at my table trying my best to settle a fidgety dog since OMG COMPANY!!! I kept telling him no, but he just kept unpacking his case and making his sales pitch. And talking to the fidgety dog! Ugh! It was a little unnerving as well as annoying just because boundaries. You don't just hulk across the counter over some woman and keep talking over her as she's telling you no. So I finally just point blank told him to leave. He became even more obnoxious and demanded I give him one reason not to want to save money with his product. Dude, it doesn't matter if I like burning piles of cash in my yard! GTFOH.

I still have the business card he shoved onto my counter. Since he is so needy for attention, I am seriously considering putting his info out among a couple hundred or so of my closest and pushiest friends.

But anyway, yeah, I get that door to door salespeople have to make a living too, but I haaaaaate the ones who don't just move on the second I say no. Don't keep pitching, don't try buttering me up with casual conversation, and fakey fake chatter with the dogs is sure not the way to win me over. I wish there were a do not disturb feature for unfamiliar people at my door like there is for my phone. My phone filters 8782745 unfamiliar numbers a day; only familiar numbers ring through. I need this for my door.

Maybe the short answer to the question is interruptions. But salespeople are the most annoying interruptions.

Comment

Why can't you work me in for Christmas, it's 3 weeks away!

Comment

Me too the freebie over doers. I have to offer each customer individually. Some people will clean out everything offered and leave none for others.

Comment

Sitters, you know the dogs that want to sit the entire time on the table. OMG, it does add some time and I deal with it, but it is something you just remember about a dog.

Comment

Working...
                        X