Very Hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Hard

On Tuesday I groomed (lab type) the dog who killed my favorite outside kitten. I was as patient as always with his lard butt that "can't" stand up on its own. I was as gentle as always with the deshedding work. I took great care as always to not quick his nails. As a matter of fact, it never crossed my mind during the grooming process to be anything but professional. But he killed my kitten and I no longer feel any fondness for him.
    Any of you have similar situations happen? Grooming a dog you kinda hate?

Only 1 comes to mind. Not that I hate her... She is the sweetest dog and kind to my kids. Just don't like her for grooming. She is a huge pita. Literally HUGE. Main reason no new big dogs.

Comment

Did you report the killing, this needs to be done so if this happens again, further action will be required.... what did the owner say ?

I personally would not want this dog on my property.....I would fire the client with a full explanation as to why.

Happy firing

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Why would you continue to groom this dog and put yourself through this mental anguish?
        Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

Ah Dolly,Stacie-if I am ever truly in trouble I really want you on my side! But perhaps more explanation is in order. I have been unable to rehome the feral litter that took up residence under my shed. With only three kittens left and the mom gone, I took them to the vet and made sure they would not add to the recent population explosion of cats in our neighborhood. My kitten went into my neighbor's fully fenced yard, it was dark, and she didn't see him until after the dog did and it was too late. She did take the kitten to an emergency vet some 30 miles away, making her late for work. The dog just did what some dogs do, and my neighbor was truly horrified. Said she could barely stand to look at her dog, and was understanding when I asked her to put off his groom a week to give me time to recover. An unhappy situation all the way around. While grooming him I was able to just go on auto-pilot and not compromise my integrity. But I still kinda hate him.

Comment

So the cat went into their yard? At night. The dog did what it is supposed to. Protect what's his. For that I would hold no hard feelings against him and continue. We hav3 a neighborhood cat that sits in our flower bed. Everyone but me is allergic. So we have no cats. The cat is allowed to stay because she does her job and brings dead rats and leaves them on the lawn. Good cat. Point is .... it is not fair to be angry at an animal for doing what they are meant to do. Is it sad he killed the kitten yes. But in my opinion it isn't fair to hold it against him considering the circumstances.

Comment

This was my feeling as well Moses, after I read OPS updated version of what happened.
              Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

OK Thanks for more input. I understand better now the situation. I too agree with Moses.
                Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

I feel sorry to hear about the kitten. That's awful, especially after you tried so hard to protect it with your kind actions.
                  A good reminder that as much as we love animals, their reality is not the same as ours. My dog and cat live in a different world, and it's a world where a wrong step can mean serious injury or death. A dog bit my dog for no reason I could understand -- but to the dog, it no doubt made sense.

Comment

Just to say sorry about kitten.

Comment

Thanks all-appreciate the sympathy. Growing up on a farm, I lost cats and kittens to dogs who didn't know or care about the difference between a pet and a groundhog. You come to understand but never like the behavior. I don't actually blame the dog for his actions, and was able to get through the groom pretty much on auto-pilot since he is a lab type-no scissors involved. One nice thing that has come from this is that the remaining two kittens have now become much friendlier and dh should be a bit less annoyed when I bring them inside.

Comment

Working...
                      X