Almost halfway there with my shop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost halfway there with my shop!

So today my husband and I painted/sealed the floors. The floors were a nightmare that I could dedicate a novel to. Short story is that if your building was built in 1890 don't be silly enough to think that when you pull up carpet glued to concrete that all you will find underneath is adhesive haha. In the end we used a warehouse type floor paint that's super heavy duty and just painted over all of the adhesive. After a couple coats it really doesn't look bad but it feels non slip but it wasn't bad to mop. I may do one more coat but that's undecided. For the lobby, I was going to have to completely level it out to put down the vinyl plank that I was looking at and I had a floor guy that my uncle knows in there taking a look and he was like "People pay me to make their floors look like this. It's the distressed concrete look." Good enough for me, so we just sealed it I love how it turned out.

I ordered my tub/table/dryer today. I'm feeling pretty excited about it, but I'm also terrified. Why oh why did this space become available to me in November? We should be taking limited appointments mid December once my insurance is all set and my tub is hooked up. I have to have an electrician hang some light fixtures because it's like a cave at the moment.

The grooming area is the painted part. It's about 340 sq feet. It will also contain the tub, we're working on making some sort of half wall or screen. Since the building is so old we are really limited in where we can put plumbing without MAJOR renovations.

This is a view of the floor in the lobby and then into the grooming area.

Overall, I'm super pleased with the progress and I should be grooming in it, barring a natural disaster or an act of God, in 4 weeks tops.

OH HOW BEAUTIFUL!!!! I am in love! If I could afford my own shop it would look something like this! LOVE the distressed floors, it adds to the old charm, but a modern touch! Love the doors, the exposed brick, everything. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done!

Comment

Way to go! I'm happy & excited for you! I, too, started grooming before my shop was perfect...but clients were very happy to support me.

Comment

Love the exposed brick & that your in an older bldg. Pain to renovate, of course, worth it, ABSOLUTELY!! Your customers will love it, as will you working in beautiful, cozy environment. Cannot wait to see the finish pics!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How exciting for you! It's going to turn out great! Love the 'old' look, too.
          Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Looking great!

Comment

Nice. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Comment

any updates

Comment

Yes! Sorry I have been so busy with the holiday and working on my shop plus working full time.

Comment

Two words:
                    Thatisreallygorgeous
                    youaregonnaloveworkinginsuchabeautifulspace !

Comment

It is beautiful. ......glad I don't have to clean it though.
                      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Oh my goodness but that is gorgeous.

Comment

Looks like it was a former art gallery. Will look amazing as a groom shop. Try to have a separate drying room away from that pretty lounge area. I would not want flying deshed hair all over the furniture.

Comment

Beautiful!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Tom it was an art gallery There is a store room in back that I am going to use to dry any big hairies. I am not looking forward to cleaning 1200 sq feet by myself.. but thems the breaks, ya know?

Comment

Working...
                              X