Two embedded toenails...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two embedded toenails...

The owners claim they had no idea. I almost didn't touch this dog but I felt sorry for her. So I clipped them and showed the owners the pictures and told them she needed a vet for the infection I saw in both toes. 
    The owner said she would take her to the vet immediately. I hope they did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That poor dog. Hope the owners learned their lesson.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

WOW.......how painful for the doggie. Mommy looks like she really loved your groom !

Happy rescheduling in 8 weeks

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Goodness, haven't seen any that bad in a long while! I see the rest of nails were long as well, poor lil dog can probably walk much better now.....Mom looks happy so hopefully she took her to the vet.
        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Can you just imagine the pain this poor dog was in? Sometimes I hate people. Really, how hard is it to pay attention to your dog?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Horrible.....that poor dog![emoji47]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KarlaSnyder View Post
              That poor dog. Hope the owners learned their lesson.
              I know, I really hope they pay more attention in the future. Hopeully since seeing what it put their poor baby through, they will bring her back more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                WOW.......how painful for the doggie. Mommy looks like she really loved your groom !

Happy rescheduling in 8 weeks

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
                What confounds me is the dog didn't act like she was in pain at all, even when I clipped her embedded nails. Poor dog was just used to it I guess. I know she was much happier afterwards! I told them to bring her back more often so it wouldn't happen again, and they said "Oh definitely" so maybe they will. Yes, Mommy was really happy with the groom. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                  Goodness, haven't seen any that bad in a long while! I see the rest of nails were long as well, poor lil dog can probably walk much better now.....Mom looks happy so hopefully she took her to the vet.
                  I'm thinking of calling to check up on her, but I can't remember the last name of the owner to save my life. I'll have to dig through files, lol. And yes, she walked much better after the nail clip, gosh I can't believe how painful that must have been and she took it like a champ.

Comment

Originally posted by ABDG View Post
                    Can you just imagine the pain this poor dog was in? Sometimes I hate people. Really, how hard is it to pay attention to your dog?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Yeah, I can't imagine it at all. All her weight pushing the nail further into that infected hole. Made me want to give the owners a good talk, but I instead told them what to do in the future and take her to the vet. Poor baby girl. At least I helped her feel better

Comment

I've thankfully only had to deal with badly embedded nails once. It was a dog's rear dew claws and they were inside the leg by about a half an inch! When I clipped the black nail I still had to slowly pull it from inside the dog's leg.

When I told the (I think it's the nanny?) how the dog really needed to go to the vet cause they were infected and such she said 'oh we still have cream left from the last time this happened' !!!!!! Yup, they had let it happen before. I told them that I would clip the dogs rear dewclaws for free any time. Though they have never taken me up on that they now bring the dog in often enough that the nails are only just pressing on the skin not puncturing it.

Comment

Originally posted by MysticRealm View Post
                        I've thankfully only had to deal with badly embedded nails once. It was a dog's rear dew claws and they were inside the leg by about a half an inch! When I clipped the black nail I still had to slowly pull it from inside the dog's leg.

When I told the (I think it's the nanny?) how the dog really needed to go to the vet cause they were infected and such she said 'oh we still have cream left from the last time this happened' !!!!!! Yup, they had let it happen before. I told them that I would clip the dogs rear dewclaws for free any time. Though they have never taken me up on that they now bring the dog in often enough that the nails are only just pressing on the skin not puncturing it.
                        Oh my goodness. Poor dog. Shame on them. Just learn how to clip your dogs nails or take them to one of us groomers!

Comment

Ouch!!!

Comment

Wouldn't the dog have been limping? You would think so, wouldn't you? I get the odd one like this too. It breaks my heart, because I am so aware of how my dogs are and can't understand how other people aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Hucksmom View Post
                              Wouldn't the dog have been limping? You would think so, wouldn't you? I get the odd one like this too. It breaks my heart, because I am so aware of how my dogs are and can't understand how other people aren't.

I know right? She didn't limp but she had her back feet angled and walked a little funny. I thought she was just poorly bred and had bow legs, But no. She was much happier after but she still walked funny a little. I guess for fear of it hurting.

Comment

Working...
                              X