There's a dog under all that!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a dog under all that!

So I just thought id share my first severely matted shave down. I forgot to take before and after pics. But he was one happy little guy after that rug was taken off. It literally looked like a rug, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ugh! Looks like a chicken coming out of it's shell. You're sure getting some neglected pets. Makes you feel good to help them out when they're in such dire shape. These dogs most always know you're helping them and behave accordingly.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

You did a beautiful job in freeing this darling little doggie.......and the picture is exactly perfect, showing the before/after of the shavedown.

Happy making a future appointment in 8 weeks

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Originally posted by KarlaSnyder View Post
        Ugh! Looks like a chicken coming out of it's shell. You're sure getting some neglected pets. Makes you feel good to help them out when they're in such dire shape. These dogs most always know you're helping them and behave accordingly.
        I agree. My friend had her neighbor bring in their super matted dog... more like "convinced" her to bring the dog in... the woman didnt take her dog to the vet often because of her being nippy and sometimes very nasty towards the groomers. Well, i was handed a dog similar to that one and i now have the pelt hanging up in my room for everyone to see. The dog wasnt nasty at all. She probably knew that i was going to help her and that shed feel so much better afterwards

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Ya done good! And yep the pics you did get showed before and after. Bet that lil poodle feels sooo much better!!
          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I used to groom dogs like that, when I worked at PetSomething. I must admit, it was rewarding, peeling all that shell of pelt off, making doggie feel like puppy again. Now, since I am fully booked for three weeks, people with dogs like that can't wait that long! I would love to help those dogs but for some reason their owners just can't wait three more weeks, after neglecting the dog for 6-8 months!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KarlaSnyder View Post
              Well I must admit I've hung on to these pics for quite some time. This was weeks ago, but the nail embedded dog was just a few days ago. I just never posted it until now. I vow to become more active and learn from all you guys!

But yes, these two were very calm and I think they knew I was trying to help them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                You did a beautiful job in freeing this darling little doggie.......and the picture is exactly perfect, showing the before/after of the shavedown.

Happy making a future appointment in 8 weeks

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
                Thanks Dolly! I told them they should bring him back in 6 to 8 weeks and he said he would. Hopefully... lol.

Comment

Originally posted by dmdogcare View Post
                  I agree. My friend had her neighbor bring in their super matted dog... more like "convinced" her to bring the dog in... the woman didnt take her dog to the vet often because of her being nippy and sometimes very nasty towards the groomers. Well, i was handed a dog similar to that one and i now have the pelt hanging up in my room for everyone to see. The dog wasnt nasty at all. She probably knew that i was going to help her and that shed feel so much better afterwards

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                  I didn't want to get rid of the pelt from this dog either! I can't hang it because I work for a lesser known PetSomething, and its still a corp place. But I seriously got sad when I had to throw it out, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                    Ya done good! And yep the pics you did get showed before and after. Bet that lil poodle feels sooo much better!!
                    Yes, he was so happy! I felt amazing for helping him! The owner said they were away for a month, and their son had him. Can a dog get that matted in a month? That has to be some serious neglect. He was mortified, and said it will never happen again. I dunno if I believe him but I can hope he was telling the truth, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by huskylover103 View Post
                      I didn't want to get rid of the pelt from this dog either! I can't hang it because I work for a lesser known PetSomething, and its still a corp place. But I seriously got sad when I had to throw it out, lol.
                      It's funny that you mentioned that. When I worked at corp. I saved a pelt like that and put it on one of the tables, and it stayed there for a few days. The manager would come in running, yelling "Who left the dog on the table unattended?" and then see it's just a pelt. A few people would walk in and ask what kind of dog was that. So then we would show the thickness of the pelt and explain why it happens and why it is bad. So it was educational. Corp. should have let you have it to show to customers with matted dogs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It appears you are doing a really good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Brit View Post
                          It appears you are doing a really good job.
                          Aww. Thank you!

Comment

I agree from what I see you are doing it carefully and well.

Comment

Originally posted by 123Linda View Post
                              I agree from what I see you are doing it carefully and well.
                              Thanks Linda!

Comment

Working...
                              X