Weird things people say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird things people say

There really is a first for everything when it comes to hearing things come out of peoples mouths.

I just groomed a female yorkie named Bella. Her leash is teal and green. Her collar is black. I put a blue bow on the collar when she was all done. The blue seemed to go nicely with the colors in the leash. When the owner picked up the dog she said, "you put a blue bow on her. You know that shes a girl right? Is blue okay for a girl?" The granddaughter said, "ugh it's fine." Then the older woman said, "i guess it's alright, right? I put pink on my boy haha!!"

What. I just ..... what. My grooming shirt is blue. I'm a girl..... what. I'm very confused. People will always amaze me with the things that come out of their faces.

What are some weird/questionable/funny things people have said to you at work?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I groom a long haired dachshund and his owners get him shaved every 4 to 6 weeks because they say it makes him look more like a boy. Why not just get a short hair dachshund? Long hair doesn't make him look like a girl... Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

" You can't cut the hair on my Westie's back, because it will grow in backwards"

"You have to pluck the hair out of my Poodle's ears or it will grow into her brain"

" You can tell my dog is purebred, because the roof of his mouth is all black"

To paraphrase Art Linkletter, 'Owners say the darndest things'
      Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Lmao!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

LOL! I've also heard some people saying the roof being all black is because their dog is very intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by CosmonautRik View Post
            LOL! I've also heard some people saying the roof being all black is because their dog is very intelligent.
            That's funny, I heard black roof of the mouth means the dog is mean!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a new client tell Me that his black 'goldendoodle' had to be hand scissored because the breeder told him that clippers would ruin the coat and it would get curly. Someone saw this guy coming from way off

Comment

I had a good one today. A tech comes over from the vet side and asked me to talk to this new puppy owner. The lady didn't know her dog's hair would grow, she thought it would stay that length forever. Plus she said she read online that you aren't supposed to wash dogs until they were over a year old!

I think I posted it on here somewhere before, but once I had a client who was upset that her dog needed his nails trimmed monthly, she thought it was too often. She looks at me and says, "Do his nails grow so fast because I feed him a lot of cheese?" Oh man, lady.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiyonai View Post
                  I had a good one today. A tech comes over from the vet side and asked me to talk to this new puppy owner. The lady didn't know her dog's hair would grow, she thought it would stay that length forever. Plus she said she read online that you aren't supposed to wash dogs until they were over a year old!

I think I posted it on here somewhere before, but once I had a client who was upset that her dog needed his nails trimmed monthly, she thought it was too often. She looks at me and says, "Do his nails grow so fast because I feed him a lot of cheese?" Oh man, lady.
                  Laughing sooooo hard at cheese feeding client!![emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

These are so funny i always love reading weird things people say. ...cheese??? Really??? And seriously, why do you have a long haired dox if you're just going to shave all the hair off anyways????

Man, some people are far off with their logic

Comment

I have several people with those runny-eyed dogs who think the dogs are actually sobbing and shedding tears all day over their leaving every day. They envision these dogs actually sitting at home and sobbing because their owners are gone. I can't think of how many times I've pointed out sores on weepy-eyed dogs as a thing that needs attention and heard, "oh, she cries like that all the time when I leave the house" Fine, get the dog a therapist in addition to some attention for those eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Totally Clips View Post
                        I have several people with those runny-eyed dogs who think the dogs are actually sobbing and shedding tears all day over their leaving every day. They envision these dogs actually sitting at home and sobbing because their owners are gone. I can't think of how many times I've pointed out sores on weepy-eyed dogs as a thing that needs attention and heard, "oh, she cries like that all the time when I leave the house" Fine, get the dog a therapist in addition to some attention for those eyes.
                        Good grief! (Haha!)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Totally Clips View Post
                          LOL oh man, some people are whacked ... how do they come up with this stuff

Comment

I asked the woman what kind of dog she had... "She's a purebred heelador. A lab/red heeler cross"

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

I wish I could find the picture of an ad I saw in our local paper a while back. It advertised "purebred puppies 1/2 Pekingese 1/2 Poodle."

Comment

Working...
                              X