Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overcoming Dog Fear to Become a Dog Groomer

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...e-nose-9153775

Brave Kayleigh Rooney has conquered her terrors after she was savaged by a pal’s pet – and become a dog groomer. A nine-stone Japanese akita sank its fangs into Kayleigh’s cheeks and shook her like a rag doll. (pictures) She needed 270 stitches and two years of treatment. Yet Kayleigh’s love of dogs has beaten all her fears. Now, *seven years later, she has a shih tzu called Sid and has started a pooch pampering firm. Kayleigh, 22, told The Sunday People she still *vividly *recalls when the akita, called Chunk, *suddenly turned on her after she knelt to pat him...................
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

I was attacked by an akita exactly the same way. A dog in my apartment complex that I had seen dozens of times. I knelt down and let him sniff the back of my hand and he just went for my throat. Thankfully we were outside and it was late fall/early winter so I had on a wool coat and scarf around my throat so he wasn't able to latch on.

Good for her in overcoming her fears to do what she dreamed of as a career.

Comment

Ditto, I have a bather that was attacked by a loose Akita some years ago as a teenager. But she still does big dogs but learned to be very careful about approaching them. She wasn't raised with dogs.

Comment

Working...
      X