Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back hurts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Back hurts

    My back has been killing me these past couple weeks. I'm thinking it's from how busy I've been at work lately. Anyways, it's not like regular sore back type thing, it's more of a pain in just one area. I'll try to explain where it is and the feeling, because maybe you guys have experienced the same thing and hopefully have some type of cure or advice for this.

    I'm a righty, so everything gets done with that side. I noticed it really starts to bother me when I'm on my second dog either during turbo drying or clipping. It's on the upper part of my back, on the right side between my spine and shoulder blade. It's kind of like a burning, pinching feeling. If I press down on the spot really hard it feels a lot better, but every time i move or stay in one spot for too long it really starts to bother me.

    Hopefully you guys know what I'm talking about and maybe can tell me what to do to make it hurt less and maybe to also avoid this happening in the future.

    Thank you in advance

  • #2
    Its sounds like a pulled muscle, or a subluxation, either way a chiropractor would be my first stop. Hope you`re feeling better soon!

    Comment


    • #3
      Could be Bersidus.....chiro should be able to help.
      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm thinking it's muscular. Bursitis is usually in a joint (I have it in my left shoulder). The area you described is exactly where my scoliosis icauses my muscles on the right of my spine to knot up (I am a righty too.). I agree with above posts about a good chiropractor helping. I prefer Palmer chiropractors to Gonstead practitioners, but everyone has their opinion. For self help, a tens unit, BioFreeze, or Tiger Balm patches or ointment are my go to's.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wild4westies View Post
          I'm thinking it's muscular. Bursitis is usually in a joint (I have it in my left shoulder). The area you described is exactly where my scoliosis icauses my muscles on the right of my spine to knot up (I am a righty too.). I agree with above posts about a good chiropractor helping. I prefer Palmer chiropractors to Gonstead practitioners, but everyone has their opinion. For self help, a tens unit, BioFreeze, or Tiger Balm patches or ointment are my go to's.
          Yep, I have it in my left shoulder and glad you could spell better than me
          I would see chiro first, but I had a thought......2 yrs ago when I went to visit my dad (550 miles one way) my upper back and up thru my shoulder into my neck were killing me when I got there. They had already been bothering me but couldn't get in to see Chiro. Anyway Dad had a pen shaped thing that delivered a lil shock (runs on battery)....he used it on me the first 2 nights I was there and that area still hasn't bothered me again. Wish I knew what it was called.......will have to ask him.
          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

          Comment


          • #6
            Was it a tens unit?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lightning View Post
              Was it a tens unit?
              No, it was about the size of a fat ball point pen. But the tens unit looks like the same concept.
              Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

              Comment


              • #8
                It took me years to go to a chiro, and had great relief and wondered why I had never gone before. Just make sure to get someone referred to you. They are not all equal.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks for all the replies!! Luckily my back wasnt bothering me too much today...probably cuz it's my first day back from my 2 day weekend lol but I'll definitely check into some chiropractors in my area. When i was younger i used to go to one with my mom haha

                  Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I know what you mean, I was brainwashed to think doctors, all they do for backs is pills and surgery....at least my experience...chiro changed my life but it took some time, and I found my feet arches needed more support.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by whitedog View Post
                      I know what you mean, I was brainwashed to think doctors, all they do for backs is pills and surgery....at least my experience...chiro changed my life but it took some time, and I found my feet arches needed more support.
                      Yeah, i dont want pills, so a chiro is prob my best bet

                      Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        DM, do you live in an area that you can get CBD oil? I swear by it for pain and inflammation. We even give CBD dog treats to our older dog to help with joint mobility

                        Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Catlin View Post
                          DM, do you live in an area that you can get CBD oil? I swear by it for pain and inflammation. We even give CBD dog treats to our older dog to help with joint mobility

                          Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
                          Dosent matter where you live you can order the CBD oil on line.....I have some, sometimes it helps sometimes not.
                          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Catlin View Post
                            DM, do you live in an area that you can get CBD oil? I swear by it for pain and inflammation. We even give CBD dog treats to our older dog to help with joint mobility

                            Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
                            I live in nj so i dont think so... but I'll look into it

                            Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dmdogcare View Post
                              I live in nj so i dont think so... but I'll look into it

                              Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                              I ordered mine online from California. It's legal to order and have and use as it has no THC in it.
                              Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X