Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still looking for some critiques and guidance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still looking for some critiques and guidance.

Been a few months and I have been working really hard at trying to get better balanced trims on my own personal poodle. Having him has been an amazing learning experience for me.

This trim was the one I put him in directly after this thread where I was feeling really lost http://www.petgroomerforums.com/chat...591#post688591 . I still hadn't really figured out the bevels.

This trim is directly after the one above and was done just a few weeks ago. I can see that I still need to blend his legs better into his body, and his top knot looks wonky in this photo because of the angle he had his head turned.

[/url]

Here are a few other angles of that trim once I got him off the table. He tends to hunch when I step away from him to take a photo. Silly spoo.

I know I still have a long way to go and we're still growing hair on his back legs both on the front above his food and on his hocks. Any critiques are welcome.

Trims look good. Yes could use more hock hair, maybe you could shorten pin bone to bend to create more angulation. Nails look long.

Comment

Yeah I mentioned the hock hair and I took a 5 to the bend in his leg... I'm not sure if I should go shorter? I dremmel his nails twice a week so I dunno what more I could do to make them shorter.
      Whiskeyjack
      Puppy Member
      Last edited by Whiskeyjack; 10-10-16, 09:36 PM.

Comment

I think the improvement is fantastic. Keep it up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I think he looks great too! Not a critique, but a question, in this neck of the woods we're taught to leave ears near to natural and long, and that boys get square ears and the girls get rounded a little bit. Is trimming the ears up tight like this the practice in your area? I think the ears look nice this way on him with the variations in hair color. Just wondering...

Comment

Originally posted by SandyinAnaheim View Post
            I think he looks great too! Not a critique, but a question, in this neck of the woods we're taught to leave ears near to natural and long, and that boys get square ears and the girls get rounded a little bit. Is trimming the ears up tight like this the practice in your area? I think the ears look nice this way on him with the variations in hair color. Just wondering...
            I think ears are a matter of preference, no matter the region.
            Can see so much improvement in your work.....great job!
            Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyinAnaheim View Post
              You do whatever the owner wants. Either way in this case it looks like she's going for a German trim and in that case the ears are as long as the tail. If it's shaved the ears are shaved, it it's a little fluffy the ears are a little fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
                You do whatever the owner wants. Either way in this case it looks like she's going for a German trim and in that case the ears are as long as the tail. If it's shaved the ears are shaved, it it's a little fluffy the ears are a little fluffy.
                That's really good to know! That's not what I was taught, but then again, I haven't been taught the German Trim. Just wondering.

Comment

Working...
                X