Everything was quiet and then then the new customer arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything was quiet and then then the new customer arrived

Saturday was booked and everything was quiet, dogs in dogs out. I had a new customer coming at 3 with min schnauzer. The neighbor on the right was out raking up leaves. I can see out front my table and noticed a car drive up and didn't recognize the person. So I had a couple minutes left to finish the bichonpoo on my table and got to it. I finish and I am wondering where is the new customer? I hear the guy yelling I guess at the dog. I go to the window and Noni my neighbor is waving the rake around and I see the schnauzer running around her yard and she is protecting herself with the rake. Actually the dog barks and isn't attacking her but all over the year. I see the car door is open I guess the dog bolted out or worse he let it out without a leash. Noni is yelling at him to get his dog and it won't come. So I am out the door and I am yelling Noni go inside your house I will get him. She did, rake and all. We live 2 blocks from the police station and of course, one happens to be leaving the station and they drive right by and what else, he pulls over. Trigger the schnauzer is at least staying in the yard panting and the owner corners him, but of course the owner of the Bichonpoo drives up. The police take Trigger's owner once he got him on leash and have a talk. Apparently he got a lecture about having his dog off leash, he did not get cited this time. So the Bichonpoo goes home and the officer comes and gets my story and talks to Noni who came out of the house with her rake and proceeds to cry with relief and the officer talks with her. I suppose our local paper will have a story for the public police activities record in today's paper. I rescheduled the schnauzer we lost a half hour with all this calamity and I didn't want to get behind on the last dog of the day coming. So everything was going fine and quiet until Trigger arrived.

Sounds like quite the Saturday!! We often have clients who don't leash their dogs at the vet clinic. I mean who in their right minds wouldn't do this?? We catch them at the door and give them a leash. Often their excuses are, "well my dog is fine off leash. Won't go anywhere...." and our reply is always the same. " Maybe yours won't, but whose to say what the other dogs/cats/rabbits etc will do". Shame on owners who think it's ok. Hope your Saturday was decent after that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What a ruckus! I am rural and when owners choose to let their pet be off leash (because as Huck said, their dog won't leave their side) if the pet chooses to make a run for it, I will not assist in catching (I am not chasing anything that owner have been asked to have on leash). After they finally round up their pet (and some of these have been quite humorous to watch) they never again forget to leash them up.
      Most clients I just meet at the car and carry the dog in and out myself, but I still want a leash on them.
      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

That's funny! I can just see her defending the property with her rake.

Comment

I baked rhubarb pies today and took one next door. Everything is fine now! But she did break some prongs on her rake, I told her I would replace it LOL

Comment

Never a dull moment. That's what keeps us from getting bored!!! Glad it all worked out-you're a good neighbor.
            Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

A new rake! That hilarious. Yum, rhubarb pie.

Comment

Yep and next is the pecan. Love baking pies with the furry kids.

Comment

Working...
                X