Some kind of pug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some kind of pug

A woman called asking to make an appointment for her pug... Which is fine, but then she told me that he gets a haircut. I told her that I thought pugs don't get haircuts, but she said that hers has a double coat. I'm assuming it's some type of pug mix. Anyways, she missed her appointment and rescheduled for next week and asked, "how much does it cost for nails, a bath, and a trim - I mean shave?"

So... If she means trim, what do I do? Same if she wants her dog shaved...? I've never had a pug get either of those before, just baths. Thanks in advance.

Yes, sadly, some people do shave their pugs, "to reduce shedding". So, treat this like you would any (unnecessary) double coated shave.

Comment

Originally posted by ABDG View Post
      Yes, sadly, some people do shave their pugs, "to reduce shedding". So, treat this like you would any (unnecessary) double coated shave.
      So just use a #7 everywhere ?

Comment

Originally posted by dmdogcare View Post
        So just use a #7 everywhere ?
        You will have to see when they come in. If it is some longish-haired mix, maybe she wants just neaten the longer hair (most likely chest, underline, rear end), but if it's short hair then yes. And since the owner had him shaved before, she should be able to tell/show you what exactly she wants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ABDG View Post
          You will have to see when they come in. If it is some longish-haired mix, maybe she wants just neaten the longer hair (most likely chest, underline, rear end), but if it's short hair then yes. And since the owner had him shaved before, she should be able to tell/show you what exactly she wants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Right, true okay thank you

Comment

Bet she wants a 10 shave down.
            Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
              Bet she wants a 10 shave down.
              I'm not really sure because at first she said a trim, then said shave. Guess we'll see if she ever makes another appointment

Comment

I do a reverse #4 on many pugs.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
                  I do a reverse #4 on many pugs.
                  Hmm okay , that's a good idea too

Comment

I have had them ask for the 10 shave, I hate doing it though.

Comment

Shaving those short hairs? I hate doing it. Usually it is a shed issue so I encourage them to let me try a rubber curry brush bath and with extra time to release more potential shed, and it helps, and they come in more frequently. I also dry with a gentle massage loosening even more. No closer than a 10 here too if we shave.

Comment

Originally posted by 4them View Post
                        Shaving those short hairs? I hate doing it. Usually it is a shed issue so I encourage them to let me try a rubber curry brush bath and with extra time to release more potential shed, and it helps, and they come in more frequently. I also dry with a gentle massage loosening even more. No closer than a 10 here too if we shave.
                        I have never had someone w a dog like that ask for a trim or a shave. They missed their appointment then told me theyd call me back but never did so oh well

Comment

In grooming school there used to be a few pugs that would get a #7 shavedown.

Comment

Working...
                          X