Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My house call groomer meet up hosted a veterinarian!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My house call groomer meet up hosted a veterinarian!

I get together with some other house call groomers every so often. Bunch of caring, bright, friendly people. Love them!! This month, I invited a veterinarian who specializes in complementary and alternative medicine. She hung out with us and explained what she does. I definitely learned new things. Very, very cool.

What a great idea. Am always excited to hear what you all do to solidly establish this as a profession in the eyes of clients and medical professionals.

Comment

We had fun. She was happy to meet with us because of our ability to give referrals. Groomers in my group have a lot of clients. I'm the baby of the group

Comment

Sounds cool. Another thing to have a vet demonstrate is how to hold pets, how to pick up their legs for like doing Poodle feet. For example, the latter is up toward the chest sort of folding up, slight push inward and then bringing the leg outward from the body, so much better on the joints. So many groomers pick up legs and out right away and it is actually stressing their joints. We got several hints like this never knew of, and hopefully you find a vet that is really skilled at this. Amazing how much better the dogs behaved, had no idea we were causing discomfort.

Comment

That sounds good! I have an anatomy book I study so I can handle cats without stressing their body, but an in-person demonstration would be even better.

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
          Sounds cool. Another thing to have a vet demonstrate is how to hold pets, how to pick up their legs for like doing Poodle feet. For example, the latter is up toward the chest sort of folding up, slight push inward and then bringing the leg outward from the body, so much better on the joints. So many groomers pick up legs and out right away and it is actually stressing their joints. We got several hints like this never knew of, and hopefully you find a vet that is really skilled at this. Amazing how much better the dogs behaved, had no idea we were causing discomfort.

Comment

I would love to attend!

Comment

Maybe you can start a groomer meet-up in your area. Good luck!
              Originally posted by 4them View Post
              I would love to attend!

Comment

Working...
              X