Going back to corp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going back to corp

I learned to groom at PS about 8 years ago and left six. I'm considering going back. What's it like now? Are the products still harsh on your hands? How's the chi and Martha naturals line? I am going back because I need a shop that's consistently busy for financial reasons. Working small shops haven't paid off for me. I am confident in my grooming abilities and know I'll so great I'm just very skeptical on the product lines. Also are groomers allowed to use their own products? Ie I don't know if I can groom without my favorite Chris Christianson silk oil.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Product has gotten much better on the hands. Six years ago is about when I joined, and there have been a lot of changes in product. The Martha smells pretty good, don't notice much of a difference in the coat than the standard though. The Chi is really nice, though a bit "perfume-y" for my tastes. Had one of a groomers do a test on her own hair of the human Chi vs the canine Chi and she says the dog stuff is actually a lot nicer. We've gotten rid of that cherry whitening shampoo that was giving everyone problems, and I like the finish of the new herbal brightening shampoo enough that I wish I could use it on all the dogs. Doesn't make everyone break out in hives, either.
    I think they have gotten a bit stricter about some things over the years, but when it comes to safety that's not a bad thing. So no, you're not going to be allowed to use you own product on the dogs. But we've gotten a conditioning spray that's pretty nice as a drying spray. Oh, and we have the full set of the furminator shampoo and conditioner now, which makes life so much easier on big deshed projects!

Comment

I think they are moving in the right direction with the new spa service stores they are opening, mostly services. I think there is only 1 or 2 open now in NY but is their intention for the future to do more.

Comment

The Chi line leaves coats a bit heavy. I rarely use the conditioner, except tails, as I find it leaves poodley-type mixes too greasy and limp. Never had a problem with a reaction with it.

Don't use the Martha line much, good finish though.

Clients are allowed to bring their own products as well, including non-medicated, as long as it's a pet-product, and labelled with a pet's name.

Comment

Sweet. Sounds good. I'm very happy to hear the shampoo is better. I used to get rashes and my hands were so dry they were white. Only happened there tho. I also heard they don't push you to do too many dogs anymore. Which is great news. Thanks for the input!

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Comment

I went back to corp once for a year between another job that just hadn't appeared yet. Same place, and this was not too long ago it was actually better. Good manager.

Comment

Working...
            X