Smart customers today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart customers today.

Something unusual happened today...two customers in a row asked if they should do something, that I was going to suggest anyway.

First, a lady with two dogs, gets them groomed every 3 months, so they are always furry and matted. Not "felted-pelt-7 strip" matted, but "barely can get 5F through matted" in places. She mentions that one of the dogs does not let her brush her. With new customers, after they get their shaved dog back, I show them how to brush properly, and tell them to start now, while there are no mats, to establish routine. Anyway, the lady picks them up, asks how bad were they (meaning how matted) and then before I even had time to talk about brushing, she says "I guess, I need to start brushing Julie now, before she gets all tangled, so it does not hurt her". (Now, if she would keep up with brushing this time, it would be great!)

Next, girl with two dogs. I found one tick on one of the dogs, asked if they are on tick preventative and if not, get it, and she asked, if it would be a good idea to spray their yard, too. Of course! I love smart customers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's awesome that the customers are aware they need to make changes! Me personally though would never recommend to spray pesticides on your lawn to harm you and your family. My own personal feelings and beliefs as I feel people should grow food not lawns. I understand ticks and tick borne diseases are a real epidemic as I have personally had Lyme myself. I would rather take the chance with the ticks though then intentionally pollute my yard with harmful neurotoxins. The main chemical used, Glyphosate, is also linked to GMO's and considered a carcinogen is some countrys. https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...9f1_story.html
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by ABDG View Post
      Something unusual happened today...two customers in a row asked if they should do something, that I was going to suggest anyway.

First, a lady with two dogs, gets them groomed every 3 months, so they are always furry and matted. Not "felted-pelt-7 strip" matted, but "barely can get 5F through matted" in places. She mentions that one of the dogs does not let her brush her. With new customers, after they get their shaved dog back, I show them how to brush properly, and tell them to start now, while there are no mats, to establish routine. Anyway, the lady picks them up, asks how bad were they (meaning how matted) and then before I even had time to talk about brushing, she says "I guess, I need to start brushing Julie now, before she gets all tangled, so it does not hurt her". (Now, if she would keep up with brushing this time, it would be great!)

Next, girl with two dogs. I found one tick on one of the dogs, asked if they are on tick preventative and if not, get it, and she asked, if it would be a good idea to spray their yard, too. Of course! I love smart customers!

We know some of the local carpet cleaners that apply deflea agents to homes they serve. They ask the owners to remove the pets during the cleaning and treatment. Over the years we have picked up quite a few new customers from the carpet cleaners.

Comment

Now, if only they follow through.........sigh.
        Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KarlaSnyder View Post
          Now, if only they follow through.........sigh.
          I know, right?

Comment

I have some cat owners that tend to follow through better. They arrange the whole day, carpet people timing, in out the whole schedule along with the bath. I haven't had this happen so much with dog owners.

Comment

Working...
            X