Andis Clippers - power cord issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andis Clippers - power cord issues

Both my Ultra/Edge and my Excel 5 spd are cutting on and off. This has happened before and I've had to replace the power cords. This is the first time I have to replace the Excel out of warranty and was shocked to see the price for the power cord is $36 while the Ultra/Edge is only $12.95. Why such a huge difference in price? Can I use the Ultra/Edge cord in the Excel?

The current issue of PetGroomer.com Magazine which you can download has an article by Jeff Andrews of Northern Tails Sharpening which addresses the prevalent cord issue of Andis, and, he has a fix to help prevent it from happening again. www.petgroomermagazine.com and click the download page link. He also talks about other Andis preventative maintenance too.

Comment

If you see, the Excel has a power transformer box at the end where you plug it in whereas the 2 speed model is just the wire. That's the reason for the price difference.

Most of the time, the cord goes bad right where it goes into the clipper. I loop my cord and zip tie it to the clipper hanger. It allows the cord to last and not wear out from friction caused by hand motion.

Comment

There are actually 2 articles in the magazine about the zip tie, works great.

Comment

The Andis guy at the Atlanta Pet Fair told me to tape my cord to the hanger and also tape the transformer to the floor so it wouldn't fall and break. I did both these things and they helped but eventually the cords have gone bad at the connection to the clipper. Once I get these repaired I'll try the loop/zip tie method. Thanks for the comments.

Comment

I did that Jeff fix about 2 years ago, worked great and still does.

Comment

yes! i was going to suggest this. just bite the bullet, get a new cord, and then zip tie it to the metal hanger. works like a charm

Comment

We keep zip ties around. good fix

Comment

Working...
                X