Phone is blowing up with calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone is blowing up with calls

I had just posted a special for dogs with teddy bear heads, so hubs could get some practice in. Suddenly, the phone is ringing off the hook.

It had nothing to do with the special though. Although that has been successful too. Hubs is booked out til the second week in September.

One groomer shut her doors, the other is going into alcohol rehab for two months. That leave commuting quite a ways to a groomer in our 'big town' or going 20 miles in the other direction to nowheresville.

That being said the groomer who shut her doors left an 800sq foot space with rent of only 325 a month. There was a disagreement with the landlord over a boyfriend loitering. The business was thriving, doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Ugh! Those loitering boyfriends will drag you down. I bet she regrets her choice someday in the not to distant future. Glad business is going well for you two though!

Comment

Their loss is your gain! Maybe you should rent that space and branch out to salon as well as mobile!
      Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Well, there you go!

Comment

Sounds like the situation we had here a couple of yrs ago.....down 2 groomers in a town can leave a whole lotta dogs without a groomer.
          Glad to hear you and hubs are doing very well with 2 mobiles.
          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Wow - great opportunity for you & your husband.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
              I had just posted a special for dogs with teddy bear heads, so hubs could get some practice in. Suddenly, the phone is ringing off the hook.

It had nothing to do with the special though. Although that has been successful too. Hubs is booked out til the second week in September.

One groomer shut her doors, the other is going into alcohol rehab for two months. That leave commuting quite a ways to a groomer in our 'big town' or going 20 miles in the other direction to nowheresville.

That being said the groomer who shut her doors left an 800sq foot space with rent of only 325 a month. There was a disagreement with the landlord over a boyfriend loitering. The business was thriving, doesn't make any sense to me at all.
              Do you drive over to South Lake Tahoe and if you do, do you have to register in CA as a business?

Comment

Originally posted by TootsiePie View Post
                Do you drive over to South Lake Tahoe and if you do, do you have to register in CA as a business?
                I don't, but it would depend on whether it was the California side or Nevada side. Nevada is Douglas county and they only require a DBA which I have. The California side I have no idea what they require.

Why? Thinking of relocating?

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
                  I don't, but it would depend on whether it was the California side or Nevada side. Nevada is Douglas county and they only require a DBA which I have. The California side I have no idea what they require.

Why? Thinking of relocating?
                  Oh no, but I have friends at North Shore.

Comment

We are having a super September.

Comment

Kids are all back to school around here so phones been ringing off the hook. New clients old clients. Only thing that sucks is were going to be getting into the cooler months so some clients are getting ready to head south. Hoping this winter balances out with new clients that are booking now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

We are super busy this September too.

Comment

Good year for us too, except early December booked and the week before turkey day too.

Comment

Working...
                          X