Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best clipper cleaner?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best clipper cleaner?

    Hey guys, I have a quick question.

    What's the best product to get that'll clean blades really well? I use andis cool care when the blades get too hot and also after I'm done using them, but I want to know if there's something else out there that can work better. At school we got our blades cleaned but I don't remember the name of the product. The girl put the blades on the clipper and dipped it in the solution, turned the clippers on, and all the disgsutingness came out and they looked like brand new.

    I'll ask my teacher, but I'd like some other opinions.

    Thanks!

  • #2
    Dawn dish soap in a container. Add hot water, put blades in, agitate a couple times, let them soak. Dry with hv dryer and oil them


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • #3
      Again, read Debi Hilley's blog, you will find wealth of information there. Here's post on cleaning blades:
      http://groomwise.typepad.com/groomin...es-do-mix.html


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • #4
        Another thought - get compressed air in a can, like the one you would use to clean keyboards, etc. You can use it to blow the hair out between grooms, and as an added bonus, it will cool them down!
        And, if you have more than one of each blade, instead of using Cool Care to cool them down, use a piece of marble or granite to put the hot blade on to cool it.



        Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ABDG View Post
          Another thought - get compressed air in a can, like the one you would use to clean keyboards, etc. You can use it to blow the hair out between grooms, and as an added bonus, it will cool them down!
          And, if you have more than one of each blade, instead of using Cool Care to cool them down, use a piece of marble or granite to put the hot blade on to cool it.



          Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Since I only have one of each blade I'll try the compressed air, thanks

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Hucksmom View Post
            Dawn dish soap in a container. Add hot water, put blades in, agitate a couple times, let them soak. Dry with hv dryer and oil them


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Oil them with what? Sorry I'm kinda dumb

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ABDG View Post
              Another thought - get compressed air in a can, like the one you would use to clean keyboards, etc. You can use it to blow the hair out between grooms, and as an added bonus, it will cool them down!
              And, if you have more than one of each blade, instead of using Cool Care to cool them down, use a piece of marble or granite to put the hot blade on to cool it.



              Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Or a clay tile works too


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dmdogcare View Post
                Oil them with what? Sorry I'm kinda dumb
                With blade oil, like this:
                https://www.petedge.com/zpetedgemain...Vl8aApKf8P8HAQ


                Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dmdogcare View Post
                  Oil them with what? Sorry I'm kinda dumb
                  Blade oil
                  Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm not all there in the common sense department today, thank you guys lol

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dmdogcare View Post
                      I'm not all there in the common sense department today, thank you guys lol
                      Lol, you are so good natured.
                      The stuff you mentioned in first post to dip blades in is usually a blade cleaner ( H-42, clipper care or something) I do mine Parti's way and also sometimes use the H-42. To blow my blades out I just use my HV with little nozzle. But quit using Cool Care or Kool Lube....it is not good for your blades and worse for your lungs, use the tile as Huck suggested....works like a champ.
                      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                        Lol, you are so good natured.
                        The stuff you mentioned in first post to dip blades in is usually a blade cleaner ( H-42, clipper care or something) I do mine Parti's way and also sometimes use the H-42. To blow my blades out I just use my HV with little nozzle. But quit using Cool Care or Kool Lube....it is not good for your blades and worse for your lungs, use the tile as Huck suggested....works like a champ.
                        Ah okay, thank you! I'll look into those things after work

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I soak my blades in diluted (50/50) Barbicide for 10 minutes then rinse them off really well with high pressure hot water. Dry and oil as usual. I've never had a problem with rusting, but I make sure to not leave them in the solution for any extended periods of time.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I throw everything-- blades, combs, brushes, etc.-- into the tub at the end of the day and flush it all with Dakil solution (Davis version of hospital grade disinfectant) which also flushes out my recirc bather. Just one big clean. I then blow them out really well and oil as mentioned above. When I'm washing them, I slide the cutting edges of my blades one way and flush and then slide them the other way and flush just to make sure I blast everything out. I have not used any kind of blade washing solution or spray since my first year of grooming.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yeah I'll definitely look into getting that oil stuff since all of you have mentioned it so far lol

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X