Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chihuahua Stolen from Groomer Found Dead

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/ne...ng-9171782.php

A Chihuahua believed to be taken from a Pinehurst pet grooming business earlier this week was found dead Friday, the Pinehurst Police Department said.
    The dog, named Petey, was found on Strickland Drive within 100 yards of where he was last seen, according to Chief Fred Hanauer. Hanauer said the dog was struck by a vehicle.
    According to officials, a suspect or suspects entered The Bark Park through the back door and removed the 7-year-old dog, who was being boarded at the location, 1712 Strickland Dr.
    Police are still investigating the burglary, Hanauer said. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Pinehurst Police Department at 409-886-2221.
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Another pet with a bizarre end of late.

Comment

It doesn't sound like he was stolen at all. Why would a burglar want a small mixed breed, and if they did want him, how did he immediately escape and get hit by a car?

It sounds to me like the burglar wasn't interested in the dog and he just got out by coincidence.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by plaidjaguar View Post
        It doesn't sound like he was stolen at all. Why would a burglar want a small mixed breed, and if they did want him, how did he immediately escape and get hit by a car?

It sounds to me like the burglar wasn't interested in the dog and he just got out by coincidence.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
        Agree!!
        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Oh, that's sad. Of all the stuff I obsess over possibly going wrong, there's one more I hadn't considered. I feel bad for the shop owner, dog owner, and especially the dog.

People think I'm a freak for staying onsite when I'm boarding dogs. I know it's probably kind of ridiculous. I worry about stuff like fires and tornados and all sorts of monsters my mind imagines, but I never thought much about an overnight burglary in which a dog could be stolen or escape.

Comment

Working...
          X