Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andis Launches Nationwide Search for Duo of Pet Groomer Experts

http://www.petproductnews.com/News/A...Personalities/

Andis Co. in Sturtevant, Wis., a family-held manufacturer of handheld tools to trim, cut, curl, straighten and dry hair, launched a national search for a duo of pet grooming experts to serve as on-screen personalities in an upcoming video series about at-home grooming. The search campaign is open to all U.S.-based grooming experts who exhibit Andis’ commitment and excitement for empowering consumers to groom and maintain their pets properly, the company stated.

“We’re excited to find a pair of groomers who are passionate about sharing their knowledge with pet parents who want to make sure their dogs are looking healthy and happy in-between visits to their groomer,” said Karen Formico, vice president of marketing. “At Andis, we know that there is a real demand for quality at-home education and we are happy to share our expertise built over the past 94 years.”

Candidates need at least two years of professional grooming experience, as well as engaging on-camera personalities that connect with consumers when communicating about Andis products. Applicants must possess a strong working knowledge of the technical aspects of grooming with the ability to communicate those concepts to do-it-yourself dog owners, and they cannot currently represent any other grooming tool manufacturer.

For more information, visit andisgroomersearch.com.
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

I think this would encourage pet owners to not have their pet on a regular grooming schedule, since they are going to attempt to groom "in-between visits to their groomer". I think that grooming should be left to the experts, and not the family playing around with tools that could injure Fluffy.

Happy not supporting Andis

Dolly's Barking Bubbles

dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

I think it's awesome! I wish I could do it. I've put on many many grooming seminars, and made a video for cocker owners and helped many of them become their pets groomers on an exclusive basis. I loved it!

Comment

I think it's a fine idea. I think it's certainly better for interested pet owners to have interaction with competent professionals rather than watching a few YouTube videos and trying to wing it. I doubt enough people are going to give up the convenience of regular professional pet grooming and buy all the equipment necessary and commit the time to completely DIY groom to make a difference in any groomers' pocketbooks. There would presumably be heavy emphasis on safety.

Comment

Here are a few of my students. Most of these a better job than the majority of groomers do cockers. The actual reason why I did the DVD and the seminars. These people could not find a decent cocker groomer. They are from all over the country.

The owner of the really cute light buff puppy went on to become a groomer. The black girl sitting on a table at a show, her owner started with her four 'pets' and by the time she got a show dog was able to groomer her herself.
          Attached Files
          cockerlvr
          Grand Champion & Club 5,000
          Last edited by cockerlvr; 08-17-16, 09:17 AM.

Comment

and the coup de gras Tutu haircut by professional groomer. Full coat by owner. Lines drawn to help her with bevels.
            Attached Files
            cockerlvr
            Grand Champion & Club 5,000
            Last edited by cockerlvr; 08-17-16, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
                and the coup de gras Tutu haircut by professional groomer. Full coat by owner. Lines drawn to help her with bevels.
                Oh my....is that poor Rosie?
                Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I see now why your clients need that extra groom in-between grooming appointments. I'm lucky, all of my cocker clients want the furnishings short (5/8') to avoid grass clippings, burs, mulch, and snow balls, from being brought into their home....plus they don't have to do the in-between groom before I arrive.

Happy having a win-win situation

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                    I see now why your clients need that extra groom in-between grooming appointments. I'm lucky, all of my cocker clients want the furnishings short (5/8') to avoid grass clippings, burs, mulch, and snow balls, from being brought into their home....plus they don't have to do the in-between groom before I arrive.

Happy having a win-win situation

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
                    They aren't my clients. I don't groom any of these dogs. No other groomer does either. The owners groom them 100%

Her name is Gracie Cyn.

Comment

I want to be clear. All of these people (and more these were just those I got to send me pictures last night) connected through an online cocker forum. Many of them would post pictures of their cockers grooms by pros and ask why don't they look right? I would offer advice on what to tell the groomer and for instance with Gracie the tutu dog the groomer somehow took tell her to take the skirt down with the same comb as the legs turned into this tutu. So the owner of the forum decided to make a grooming dvd to sell. However this person is no groomer. His idea of a topknot on a parti cocker was to shave the colored parts and leave the white. Often turning into a Mohawk. So I offered to video myself grooming two of my own dogs one show and one pet cut for him. In addition some people from Southern California asked me to put on a seminar and we did that twice with about 40 people in attendance each time. I also was always available through the forum to answer any questions and did several more YouTube videos for people asking about specific things. Through all of this all of these people have learned to groom their own cockers.

My point being, owners ARE more than capable. All of us started somewhere.

Comment

I am really curious who Andis is going to find, especially if they want a duo. I was thinking Jay and Sue but they WAHL people.

Comment

Originally posted by TootsiePie View Post
                          I am really curious who Andis is going to find, especially if they want a duo. I was thinking Jay and Sue but they WAHL people.
                          Me too but I do know some groomers applying that are members here, but not real active on the board.
                          Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Comment

Is a duo two people that know each other and work together or just two people who will do this for them? It's not really clear.

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
                              Is a duo two people that know each other and work together or just two people who will do this for them? It's not really clear.
                              Me too, it would really limit their success if the two have to know each other. As long as they get along that should do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X