Employees and tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employees and tips

New to being an employer and wondering about tip policies. Specifically, does anyone have a policy regarding the the additional processing fees incurred for tips processed through Square?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I give my employees their tips in full. I accept the Square fees as part of doing business. It's tough to swallow when it's over $500 a month in fees.

Comment

More and more states are passing laws on what employers can do with tips intended for their employees. For example, some require the employee to share tips with the bather if the groomer was assisted. That has become illegal in some states. I doubt you can assess an even tiny charge to recoup credit card processing on their tips. So the moral of the story is, check your state laws on handling tips. Many people don't know they exist, but they do for most states and courts seem to always rule in favor of employees on this issue.
      Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

All tips go directly to the employee, no deductions for processing on a card, we cannot do that and we cannot make them share tips either.

Comment

Thanks, everyone. I figured as much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X