Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Product News: Asian Influence / New Tools

http://www.petproductnews.com/July-2...ian-Influence/

Clipping and styling trends shape the direction of new tool releases in professional grooming shears.

Talk to professional dog groomers about the trends they’re seeing in shears and clipping, and three things repeatedly come up: Asian fusion, ergonomics and chunkers.

“We’re seeing a rising trend in Asian fusion, [which is] making a dog look more like a puppy or a cartoon character [and is] focused on overall cuteness and a stuffed animal look,” said Rachel Nowell, owner of The Classic Canine Pet Spa in Allen, Texas.

She added that the trend came about when people in Asian countries posted pictures of the style online and it went viral.
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

What do you think guys. Itza and others that do Asian, really. Would you see special tools needed for Asian? Curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Brit View Post
      What do you think guys. Itza and others that do Asian, really. Would you see special tools needed for Asian? Curious.
      I think technique over tools. Yes certain tools can really help any groom. My personal are Utsami combs, my wall mounted dryer for fluff drying, and decent scissors

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Gosh I never thought about special tools just for Asian styling differences. Seems odd unless I could see it in action.

Comment

Originally posted by TootsiePie View Post
          Gosh I never thought about special tools just for Asian styling differences. Seems odd unless I could see it in action.
          Things like the tiny curved scissors that have a more exaggerated curve or the Utsami half moon comb which the finer teeth seem to lift hair better than all other combs I've used.
          I just finished attending a seminar by Isabella doblas Jones and it really reinforced my belief on how vital prep work is( bath and dry) to achieving those styles, so equipment or tools that help you do this area important.
          Yes if you have the scissor skills you can still put an amazing groom even on a dirty dog, seen that at the seminar due to miscommunication/ poor scheduling. It was awesome to see. Here's a pic from that seminar

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X