Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had not become a groomer what would you be now for work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had not become a groomer what would you be now for work?

Had a nice customer I've known for a long time ask me. Me? A registered nurse, and almost did after years of planning but about 20 years ago I went to a dog show. I had a dog but something happened see all the people with dogs and enjoying it, I wanted to work with dogs.

Probably still a truck driver. That's what I did before.

Comment

Commercial diver. (Although I think I have passed the average lifespan for this career already...so maybe an angel. Lol)

Comment

I did both for 20 years......I worked in The Ohio State Medical Center / James Cancer Hospital and groomed in the evenings and weekends. When I retired from the State of Ohio, I then went mobile....which was the best thing ever.

Happy working 2 jobs

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Would probably still be working at my previous job. It was actually a great job w/ good pay, & my bosses were exceptional. I got to the point where I was not fulfilled in my career any longer & I knew I wanted to work with dogs. I am very lucky to be in the same commercial building as my old office. My former bosses own the building & still take very good care of me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd still be in school studying to be a cop

Comment

In a perfect world I'd have stayed in early retirement and be spending the summers traveling and the winters skiing.
              In reality I'd be unhappily bouncing from job to job trying to be happy.

Comment

Office manager

Comment

Probably own and work another small business. I always wanted to be my own boss and control my own destiny and earn my own money.

Comment

Chef, most likely, as that is what I did before [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Same as Honey. Floundering in a series of dead end totally unsatisfying jobs. Hooray for a wow-that's-what-I-want-to-be-when-I-grow-up career!

Comment

I'd be an electrician if there was any work in my state (recession has killed good paying skilled jobs)

Comment

I'd have gotten into the government (had a friend of the family that could have gotten me in, way back when such things were possible) and probably be retired with a nice pension by now. But nope, I wanted to be a groomer. Sigh.........

Comment

Originally posted by BassetNut View Post
                            I'd have gotten into the government (had a friend of the family that could have gotten me in, way back when such things were possible) and probably be retired with a nice pension by now. But nope, I wanted to be a groomer. Sigh.........
                            You regret it?

Comment

Originally posted by dmdogcare View Post
                              You regret it?
                              Yep!

Comment

Working...
                              X